HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mostyn report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi All cheers
2 of us fished from 9.30 till 1 pm There were plenty of Dabs I took 6 for the pot lots were returned heaps of small whiting alas no codling No
30/40 fish between 2 of us .I nice pleasant session, another man turned up and was into whiting at the start of the flood.
Sunshine a small breeze (no rain) Surprised made a nice change.
Smelly old lug and squid were used on 2 hook pauper rigs lol!
Back to top Go down

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:49 pm

bust there mate well done on the fish Smile
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:06 pm

excellent session!

Go on educate me, what is a "pauper rig" ?

I googled it and found this,
it doesn't sound quite right...least I hope not!

"2) Drop a Pauper somewhere on the playfield. A pauper is like a Gauloop, and it has a much stronger smell, but it doesn't feed them nearly as well. What it does do is after a few seconds, it explodes, killing all Grags in the area. If positioned properly, this can be used to wipe out a huge population of Grags. The drawback is that Grags love to eat dead Grags, and a few living Grags will find the carnage a great feasting area and may quickly multiple their ranks back up.

3) Use your Net to capture Brinie. When Brinie is completely on the net, simply press the capture button and you win the game. The net also has the effect of killing any Grags on it at the time it is pressed. This fact can be used in combination with 1) and 2) to really wipe out the Grags. It is a great and difficult (and not necessary) accomplishment to completely wipe out the Grags, but it is possible and quite a fun challenge.

Now you are limited to 9 Gauloops, 6 Paupers and 3 Net captures, so use them wisely. Also, you can only have up to 3 gauloops and 1 pauper on the playfield at one time, so that is a consideration as well.
Question
Back to top Go down

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Notbad wrote:
excellent session!

I googled it and found this,
it doesn't sound quite right...least I hope not!

"2) Drop a Pauper somewhere on the playfield. A pauper is like a Gauloop, and it has a much stronger smell, but it doesn't feed them nearly as well. What it does do is after a few seconds, it explodes, killing all Grags in the area. If positioned properly, this can be used to wipe out a huge population of Grags. The drawback is that Grags love to eat dead Grags, and a few living Grags will find the carnage a great feasting area and may quickly multiple their ranks back up.

3) Use your Net to capture Brinie. When Brinie is completely on the net, simply press the capture button and you win the game. The net also has the effect of killing any Grags on it at the time it is pressed. This fact can be used in combination with 1) and 2) to really wipe out the Grags. It is a great and difficult (and not necessary) accomplishment to completely wipe out the Grags, but it is possible and quite a fun challenge.

Now you are limited to 9 Gauloops, 6 Paupers and 3 Net captures, so use them wisely. Also, you can only have up to 3 gauloops and 1 pauper on the playfield at one time, so that is a consideration as well.
Question
A pauper rig is a rig I use only using mono (no swivels or beads or crimps) with hooks Works just the same with very little expense or waste lol!
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9160

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

Great session Mick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:32 am

Cracking session Mick.

We had the same when we visited this mark.

Well done again.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9917

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Well done mate sounds like you add a busy session Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:33 pm

mickfish wrote:
Notbad wrote:
excellent session!

A pauper rig is a rig I use only using mono (no swivels or beads or crimps) with hooks Works just the same with very little expense or waste lol!

Thanks for the explanation!
The name makes sense to me now and it's exactly what ( as a then coarse angler on holiday) I used to do for a rig off Whitby Pier 40 years ago, before life and rigs became complicated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mostyn report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostyn report   Mostyn report Empty

Back to top Go down

Mostyn report
Page 1 of 1