6 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Empty
PostSubject: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 6:42 pm

Looking back through the coarse reports I couldn't believe it has been 8 years since I last fished for carp.

One of my (many) plans for retirement was to get some carp fishing in. During the first lockdown I ordered some gear and it was high time the tags came off it!

Today was the day, after a walk around first recce a few days ago, we returned to Cheshire Oaks Fisheries with a barrow full of feeder gear.

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2189

Shunning the method feeders, wafters, Ronnie rigs and other assorted stuff, I stuck with more familiar territory, a free running open ended feeder loaded with small pellet, groundbait and maggots, with maggots on the hook.

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2190

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries 20221112

Last edited by Notbad on Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 8:39 pm

Double pink maggot did the job, every fish from the far side.
Several carp showed their flanks rolling in the near margin but despite keeping them interested with loose feed I couldn't get them on the hook.

A cracking day, can't wait to go back!

Spot the Beluga!
Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2191

ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 8:45 pm

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2192

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2194

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2195

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2196

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2197

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2198

ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 8:56 pm

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2199

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2201

about a dozen caught, didn't photograph them all but the last fish of the day was the biggest and once it was ready and in the landing net it seemed time to call it a day

:Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2205

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2206

Last edited by Notbad on Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 9:03 pm

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries >g-2203
Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Img-2204

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 9:16 am

Thanks for the report Notbad!

What most amazed me - Tina was there when you were so close to outlet village. Did she stay with you all the time? My missus would be at the shops.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 9:33 am

MusselMan wrote:
Thanks for the report Notbad!

What most amazed me - Tina was there when you were so close to outlet village. Did she stay with you all the time? My missus would be at the shops.

Laughing it was considered...but there's a tackle shop on site and none at Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village! Wink

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 9:47 am

cth 👍
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 3:06 pm

Nice day out for you there Paul,some nice fish and pics.
What's the parking like?Can you get near to the water?
I've just got a pack of four method feeders,they seem to be the simplest set up for carp rigs.
You can use a hair rig,or put the bait straight on the hook.So you can fish for silvers or carp,and still have the hook close to the groundbait in the feeder. fishing
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6685

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 4:06 pm

great report thanks for sharing nice pictures and fish looks like you had a good session
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 6:39 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Nice day out  for you there Paul,some nice fish and pics.
I've just got a pack of four method feeders,they seem to be the simplest set up for carp rigs.
You can use a hair rig,or put the bait straight on the hook.So you can fish for silvers or carp,and still have the hook close to the groundbait in the feeder. fishing

Hi VB,
I had method feeders with me but decided to stick with feeders I am more familiar with ( I have been watching YouTube about them though!)   The sort of method feeder which has an elastic link is not however allowed on this water.

There is a proper carpark and it is only a short walk to the water, there is a walk around video on YouTube.
Search "Cheshire Oaks Fishery Walk Around"

Here is a pic of the fishery rules, their website isn't entirely 100% aligned with the rules as pictured from the greetings board but in essence fish welfare is very much taken seriously

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries 20221011

The tackle shop is well stocked with gear, pellets etc and maggots and there are clean toilets and hot/cold drinks available from a vending machine ( pretty good coffee for £1.20 !) and a snack vending machine too.

The welcome was very friendly and at £8 to fish ( spectators £2 ) I will definitely return!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 11:56 am

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Nice day out  for you there Paul,some nice fish and pics.

Hi VB,
I had method feeders with me but decided to stick with feeders I am more familiar with ( I have been watching YouTube about them though!)   The sort of method feeder which has an elastic link is not however allowed on this water.

There is a proper carpark and it is only a short walk to the water, there is a walk around video on YouTube.
Search "Cheshire Oaks Fishery Walk Around"

Here is a pic of the fishery rules, their website isn't entirely 100% aligned with the rules as pictured from the greetings board but in essence fish welfare is very much taken seriously

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries 20221011

The tackle shop is well stocked with gear, pellets etc and maggots and there are clean toilets and hot/cold drinks available from a vending machine ( pretty good coffee for £1.20 !) and a snack vending machine too.

The welcome was very friendly and at £8 to fish ( spectators £2 ) I will definitely return!

Thanks paul,I'll check out the 'Walk around' on utube..
It's an easy job to remove the elastic from the method feeders and change them to an 'inline feeder'(they can be changed back using what was removed)
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6473

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 4:03 am

A good report Paul, but I do not miss the style of fishing in UK, so many rules, a bit like the trout fishing here which is why I have never bothered with it.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 12:04 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
A good report Paul, but I do not miss the style of fishing in UK, so many rules, a bit like the trout fishing here which is why I have never bothered with it.

I know what you mean Rhod,Britains 'Green and Pleasant Land'has got more rules and expenses than you can imagine.
I expected when I retired to spend happy days on the bank,but these days you need your bank card with you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries   Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries Empty

Back to top Go down

Carp and a Beluga at Cheshire Oaks Fisheries
Page 1 of 1