5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13668

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 10:57 am

Due to ill health resulting in a couple of weeks in hospital, an operation and recovery it's been far too long since I'd fished.
Not confident of being ready to beach cast with gusto without doing myself some damage yet but desperate to fish again we headed for Holyhead Breakwater yesterday for a few hours up to High.

Bait was bits of all sorts, even some Salmon from the freezer, and a pack of fresh lug but I was unable to get any ragworm which is my preferred bait of choice for there.

The gulls were packed together forming an excited "white island" about a mile offshore which I guess was where the mackerel where.
We arrived just in time to see a decent lobster being recovered from a pot
inside the breakwater and at intervals were treated to formation jet flying out of RAF Valley.

I dropped a tipped shrimp rig down the wall and at frequent intervals dropped cut up assorted old frozen bait down by it to hopefully get things going.

The second rod lobbed a one down two up assorted bait offering a bit further out.

Holyhead Breakwater Img-2158

Holyhead Breakwater Img-2159

A couple of tip rattles had us going but no fish unfortunately.

Holyhead Breakwater Img-2160

No fish then, but it was great to catch the sun and feel the light breeze.

Packed up half an hour after High, especially as two irresponsible jetskiers were screaming around the harbour ignoring the speed limit and destroying the calmness ( once came very close to hitting the wall half way along the breakie)

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7138

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 2:08 pm

Great to see you out again at last!

Surprised you did not catch anything there. Would have expected plentiful mini species.

The pva bags have arrived. Am going to try top of the wirral, somewhere where the tide run is not too strong.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1717
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4986

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your hospital trip Paul,but nice to see you out and about again.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 10:30 pm

MusselMan wrote:
Great to see you out again at last!

Surprised you did not catch anything there. Would have expected plentiful mini species.

The pva bags have arrived. Am going to try top of the wirral, somewhere where the tide run is not too strong.

I was surprised too! You'd think the smorgasboard on offer would attract something but I've found before that small bits of rag, changed regularly, are the most productive for wrasse on shrimp or similar rigs.
Look forward to hearing how the PVA bags go. I was going to attach a swim feeder to one set up and by way of a scientific control experiment set up an identical rod and rig minus swimfeeder, but in the end just needed to get out fishing!

ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 10:33 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Sorry to hear about your hospital trip Paul,but nice to see you out and about again.

thanks for that, my plans to get the kayaks out fishing have been delayed but my fitness is building again now.

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7869

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 8:39 am

Sorry to hear about your hospital visit Paul I hope everything is OK now but nice to hear you are back by the sea with a rod in your hand even if there was not much action. 🤒🤕🎣😊
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 9:38 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Sorry to hear about your hospital visit Paul I hope everything is OK now but nice to hear you are back by the sea with a rod in your hand even if there was not much action. 🤒🤕🎣😊

Thanks for that, it sure was nice to get out!

Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13904

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 5:31 am

Great photos cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty

Back to top Go down

Holyhead Breakwater
Page 1 of 1