5 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Fished a new mark today a few miles south of John O Groats by a village called Keiss.
Weather wasnt great with strong on shore winds which were kicking up a good surf and had a good drop of rain too.
Its a nice sandy storm beach which are few and far between up here with sand dunes and WW2 concrete tank traps all along the egde of the sand dunes in case of a Nazi invasion from Norway after its fall in 1940 !
Im told during the summer its a great mark with Flounder, Turbot, Coalfish and Sea Trout to name but a few but at this time of year, much like home, its hard work to get anything at all !

I however did manage a small Dab, or possibly a Flounder i can never tell the difference despite being told umpteen times, using old lug and Herring as bait on a 3 hook flapper with size 2 hooks cheers
How ever this was the only result after 5hrs fishing but what the hell i had the Whole beach to myself and it was a pleasure just to be there cheers
Sunny Rhyl on Tour !
Great Very Happy
Will add some photos when i get home next time.
Cheers Dave.

Last edited by McLogger on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
donutbob
Pollock Hunter

Number of posts : 102
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4560

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Good on ya logger for having a go, not a blank as well cheers
Steve.

ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 pm

dab smooth one way rough the other and a flounder feels rounder is the way i remember it
thanks for the northern division report
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7867

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Well done Logger I wish I was up there with you I bet it's a great place to fish and I bet there's a lot more to be caught it sounds like heaven. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:28 am

Well done pal cheers
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9936

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 am

A fish and no blank happy days Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:27 pm

logger wrote:
Fished a new mark today a few miles south of John O Groats by a village called Kiess.
Weather wasnt great with strong on shore winds which were kicking up a good surf and had a good drop of rain too.
Its a nice sandy storm beach which are few and far between up here with sand dunes and WW2 concrete tank traps all along the egde of the sand dunes in case of a Nazi invasion from Norway after its fall in 1940 !
Im told during the summer its a great mark with Flounder, Turbot, Coalfish and Sea Trout to name but a few but at this time of year, much like home, its hard work to get anything at all !

I however did manage a small Dab, or possibly a Flounder i can never tell the difference despite being told umpteen times, using Herring as bait on a 3 hook flapper with size 2 hooks cheers
How ever this was the only result after 5hrs fishing but what the hell i had the Whole beach to myself and it was a pleasure just to be there cheers
Sunny Rhyl on Tour!
Great Very Happy
Will add some photos when i get home next time.
Cheers Dave.

Lovely part of the country. Had a week on holiday at a place called Nairn near Inverness last year. Managed to fit a few hours fishing in but only had just the one flounder for my troubles.

You should get some "Sunny Rhyl on Tour" business cards made up. You could take a photo of them at all the different locations you fish at ?
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Been through Nairn a few times and it too looks as though theres lots of good marks to fish, hope i can get round to it one day.
Love the idea of business cards but what about a 6X4 poster on a sandwich board Question lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keiss N/E Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keiss N/E Scotland   Keiss N/E Scotland Empty

Back to top Go down

Keiss N/E Scotland
Page 1 of 1