sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Single our double sir

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Single our double sir Empty
PostSubject: Single our double sir   Single our double sir EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm

I always fish with two rods ,and double pat on both rods so it gets a bit manic ,especially when I fish with two rods at talacre with two hook flappers on both rods once you cast them out it takes about 10 mins our so to unhook the dabs bait up rigs again etc . So I am so wrapped up I hardly get time look at the rod tips plus ,sight seeing etc.when bass fishing i still fish with two hook flappers on both rods but don't need to double pat becauses it's easy to thread on fresh worm quick. But if you got weed on rig unhooking fiish photos etc them few mins could see the bass move through and you missed your chance of another one . So changing my approach to one rod only from now on to enjoy my fishing more, and I think you can fish much better with one rod , and double patt at all times. Plus gives you more scope to change a different rig at the drop of a hat wile still fishing , I've always used just the one on the flood wile pumping worms , put compulsory always chance to two on high water assaults, witch I think looking back now makes not much difference to your catch rate . Its manic from the time I walk onto the beach going slow it down a bit and just stick to the one and take in the atmos a bit ,and always have a baited rig ready .ps I will always have a spare rod with me though in case the one i am using gets a bust eye etc. be interesting to here of your approach ladies .
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13896

PostSubject: Re: Single our double sir   Single our double sir EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Yeh man just chill afro

I prefere the one rod as it gives me more time to have a bit of a crack with the lads clown
Back to top Go down
donutbob
Pollock Hunter

Number of posts : 102
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4554

PostSubject: Re: Single our double sir   Single our double sir EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:25 pm

One rod for me now. Used to use two but too much hassle, i go to relax as well as catch fish.(hopefully) So why am i allways knackered when i get home?
Steve.

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1309
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7127

PostSubject: Re: Single our double sir   Single our double sir EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Usually two. Beachcaster with big bait as far as I can chuck it, and a lighter rod with smaller hooks close in or with a float.
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6689

PostSubject: Re: Single our double sir   Single our double sir EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 pm

If fishing low water on some beaches and moving back with the tide constantly (5-10 mins) I use x1 rod and double pat if I can get away with x2 rods at low water (deeper marks ) were your only moving back every 20 mins I will fish x2 rods, Over high water I use x2 rods and usually vary my position of the baits according to conditions and area fished Wink but the main thing I do is keep fresh bait out there even if it means re-baiting every 5 mins Wink
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13659

PostSubject: Re: Single our double sir   Single our double sir EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Wh dyo two rods feel like three times the work of one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single our double sir   Single our double sir Empty

Back to top Go down

Single our double sir
Page 1 of 1