5 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

A Double and a Trebble  Empty
PostSubject: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Managed a day off today so decided on a visit to "the back of Asda" Kinmel Bay with Hot Shot Alan for company Very Happy

The conditions were awful with a very strong and cold North Westerly wind doing its best to blow the rods over with a shower or two of rain thrown in for good measure Sad

The Sea was a mass of White Horses with big waves crashing onto the beach sending spray in every direction and at first look it seemed almost unfishable, the thought that we wouldn't be able to keep a bait pinned to the bottom crossed both our minds which on my first cast I didn't but on the second cast I let the wind take a load of line out so I had a sort of uptide effect which worked a treat Very Happy

Alan was using fresh Lug and I had frozen with a bit of Squid too.
I started off with a big bait hoping for a Codling but after a few fruitless casts I changed over to a three hook flapper, Alan was using a two hook flapper.

After almost 4 hours of fishing but mainly chatting and catching up we both blanked Sad
Alans fresh lug was coming back in untouched as was my frozen

So there it is.....
Alans two hook flapper was a double blank and my three hook flapper gave me the trebble Exclamation

It was as always just good to be out and with good company too Very Happy cheers

A Double and a Trebble  111
A Double and a Trebble  411
A Double and a Trebble  511
A Double and a Trebble  611
A Double and a Trebble  711
A Double and a Trebble  1012

A Double and a Trebble  1110
A Double and a Trebble  1310
A Double and a Trebble  1210

(Note the rainbow landing on Notbads house showing us all where the Gold is Exclamation  Wink)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:05 pm

great report and pics Dave shame the fish didn't show but like you say it's not all about that Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 pm

you can't beat a bit of surf but that was more than a bit. I can't thank you enough for texting me with the invite to go fishing affraid its just as well we had a lot to talk about it took our minds of the wind rain and the lack of fish but still a great day out lol! lol! nice report and pics dave Very Happy fish fish fishing
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Great report dave bad luck on the blank
but not a bad way to spend your day off santa rendeer santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:38 am

Very good reort lades ,its not all about caching fish!! The sea looked good for a codling our two,hard luck.really missing my sea fishing. Cant wait get my car fixed .really enjoying my pike fishing though .roll on late april when the bass are back ..
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:45 am

Well done on a good report and pictures brave for trying in those conditions. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 10:41 am

Great photo's,pity about the fish Sad
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6036

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Great report & photos shame there weren't a fish fish or two about for you I reckon you deserved one for the effort in that sea
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 pm

I can't seem to recall moving to Kinmel Bay....

Well blanked you two,
An almost poetic report that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Great report shame about the blank never mind stil good to get out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Double and a Trebble    A Double and a Trebble  Empty

Back to top Go down

A Double and a Trebble
Page 1 of 1