4 posters
AuthorMessage
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9182

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier Empty
PostSubject: Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier   Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 1:18 am

Venue - Llandudno Pier
Tide - Low to High
Time - Night
Bait: Frozen Lug, Frozen Squid, Frozen Mackerel, Frozen Sandeel

Wii all put down our presents for a few hours and headed to Llandudno Pier for a welcome few hours fishing on Boxing Day night.

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_063

Del The Tope setup his 2 rods on the landing stage, Spaceman was in his usual spot landside of the cafe.
Simon was this side of the Bar whilst myself, The Maestro, Notbad and Clueless too fished between huts 2 and 3.

A variety of tactics were used. Del was playing his usual waiting game with the big hooks. I had one of Simons special little wishbone rogs on one rod and a 4/0 pennel on the other.
Small hooks seemed to be the popular choice though.

Over low, most of the action was coming from the end with both Simon and Spaceman both into Whiting from the off. Del’s bigger baits were interesting the crabs but not much else.

As the flood progressed, we started to see some fish by the huts.

I was off the mark with a couple of Rockling.

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_064

Next to me, The Maestro had taken a few small Whiting and a small Rockling. His next fish however was to prove a first.

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_065

A Rockling? 3-Bearded? Shore?
Surely is wasn’t an elusive Burbot??

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_066

We all decided it was a Shore Rockling, but we are not experts. Either way, a fantastic looking fish and it made for an interesting break from the smaller stuff.

In tonights Hot Spot was Spaceman.

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 003

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_067

Into fish from the off and he was breaking into a sweat with both rods constantly rattling.
Mainly Whiting…….

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_069

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 002

With a few Dabs taking Frozen Lug.

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_071

Mehmet had the only Codling of the night. Small, but a Codling nonetheless

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_070

I had been pretty quiet with a few more Rockling and a couple of Whiting.
Approaching high water, I had a call on my mobile from Mark who was fishing with Del on the landing stage. Apparantly, Del had been into a fish for a good while and it was still on!

With not much doing on my rods, I headed down the bottom to see the drama unfold.

I arrived to see Del leaning into a good rod bend. The fish was still hooked and had gone to ground. The line was wrapped around some snag. Possibly a pier leg. It was still giving and taking line, but it wasn’t coming up.

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_079

Del’s 80lb mono was holding him in there until………………………..

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_081

Ron Thompson is definately off Del’s Christmas card list for next year!!!!!!!!!!

Del did handline the rig back in. He was gaining line and eventually, a hook snapped and he was left to pull in a single hook with a battered Mackerel head.

I was gutted for Del !
The drama was, unfortunately the highlight of the night. Although I’m sure it didn’t seem like it at the time.

I returned to my station and had a few more Whiting before calling it a day.

A very pleasant way to spend a Boxing Day evening. As always, the beauty and splendour of Llandudno Pier at night didn’t disappoint.
A fantastic and magical place to fish!

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_076

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier 25_12_2008_084

To hire Llandudno Pier for a night session costs £20 for upto 12 anglers.
For further details, please contact Sarah in the Pier Tackle Shop (01492 877678 or 07786076680)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8075

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier   Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 5:30 am

Looks like you all had a good night.

Belting Shore Rockling for Mhemet, and unlucky to Del on losing the beast!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier   Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 11:10 am

The Wii couldn’t quite replicate the real angling experience
( you know the 8 hours of frozen toes, smelly bait and no fish thing)
So I was delighted to join a Great Escape breakout to play on the pier armed with a frozen tray of Morrison’s Fishy mix, tiger prawn, mackerel
and the gut wrenching over ripe lug the Maestro had forgotten about

It might have been ccccccold, but all baits played their part in warming up my 10 or so half decent whiting, a good rockling and a lonesome doggie

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier Boxingday2008001

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier Boxingday2008002

Shame about Del’s “monster under the pier” accounting for a different sort of a Christmas break, I’d have been equally Wii’d off

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier SegaBassFishingWii
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7139

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier   Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 4:53 pm

I've been warning you all about the monster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier   Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 5:50 pm

A Super night Mike, glad i made the effort to get there, a superb venue with Top people.I hope clueless2 has luck in finding his engine off his boat, but a top bloke for getting out.See you all soon and thanks again, and hope to meet the lads from Rhyl at some stage.Spaceman Very Happy  Smile  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier   Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier Empty

Back to top Go down

Boxing Clever on Llandudno Pier
Page 1 of 1