sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where to fish Saturday night

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Where to fish Saturday night Empty
PostSubject: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Instead of a snorkel sesh, it's my birthday Sunday so I have been given a special night fishing pass! I am thinking ty croes for the deeper water, anyone have any recommendations. Tide isn't too big and the wind drops to next to nothing so it should be safe enough. Was thinking Anglesey but down the Llyn is ok too if anyone now a any decent spots.

Last edited by SimonT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13883

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:41 pm

That's one for Headwyn or Dan I'd say Exclamation
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8053

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

Ty Croes should be good fishing up the flood into darkness, as would the Trearddur Bay rock marks. Rays and Huss on fishbaits and squid.

If you dont fancy the rocks on your own, you could try Broad beach Rhosneigr, Cymyran beach behind RAF Valley or Dinas Dinlle on the Lleyn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 5:38 pm

I was hoping to do Ty Croes but it`s my wife`s birthday on Sunday and we`re out for the day....i much prefer @3 hours either side of low water on neap tides,so Sat night would be ideal for me fishing 10pm til 3am...should get huss and rays.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Yozzer wrote:
I was hoping to do Ty Croes but it`s my wife`s birthday on Sunday and we`re out for the day....
So where are you taking her fishing Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 am

Cheers Gents, Ty Croes it is!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 3:42 am

Logger wrote:
Yozzer wrote:
I was hoping to do Ty Croes but it`s my wife`s birthday on Sunday and we`re out for the day....
So where are you taking her fishing Question

He'll probably take her to McDonalds on the Alt on the A580(on the Lancs) lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 7:24 am

And Happy Birthday! party
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 am

Hang on didn't you have a birthday last year Question study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

Logger wrote:
Hang on didn't you have a birthday last year Question study

I think you are on to something lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Good luck tonight Si,keep us posted. study lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Awesome evening, after finding a spot to the left in front of the ranges we began to set up. First off there was a pod of 8 minke whales past us very close to the shore, wasn't sure at first but after doing a bit of research I think I'm right. Old Greg thanks 12. Though I got a great video as was zooming in and out etc but I only clicked camera not video! Got a pic and a little vid as they were moving off.
Learned a few things, shock leader is now a must as I've never used them before and my head torch just isn't up to the job...£2.99 for a reason, no idea where my others gone since kids had it. Good job I took a some decent little torches.
Had my first conger and poor cod, scales still attached to my hands as I type. We got cod, Pollack, biggest Ballen I've seen from a messed up cast from a young family friend, it went straight up and dropped in, thought it landed on the rocks but got a little beast almost instantly, no scales but easy 3.5lb. We got a few decent sized spider crabs during the night and a beast of a bull Huss. Plenty doggies too. Cracking night!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Nice variety Simon laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Great session for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 9:39 pm

After seeing the big mammals I wouldn't have bothered if we hadn't caught the sight alone was worth the journey was nice catching a variety of fish though.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 3:09 am

What a night,one for the memory banks without a doubt.
Glad you had a good session.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 3:11 am

Old Gregg wrote:
After seeing the big mammals I wouldn't have bothered if we hadn't caught the sight alone was worth the journey was nice catching a variety of fish though.

haha,the Merman of Merseyside lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 6:32 am

Well done lads king
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 am

Well done worth going just to see the Whales. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8053

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Happy Days! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to fish Saturday night   Where to fish Saturday night Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to fish Saturday night
Page 1 of 1