AuthorMessage
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8022

Two years in the Atlantic Empty
PostSubject: Two years in the Atlantic   Two years in the Atlantic EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:53 pm

An old school friend of mine and his family have recently moved to the island of Saint Helena in the South Atlantic for the next 2 years. Some of the locals may have seen the story on the front page of the Journal a few months ago.

Paul has a background and training in Marine Biology and Aquaculture and was head aquarist at the Seaquarium in Rhyl many moons ago, before becoming curator at the World Museum in Liverpool.

They have moved to the Island of St Helena in the South Atlantic Ocean to start a new life after his wife Bev applied for and was given a job as a Marine Science Advisory teacher, tasked with introducing Marine Biology to the secondary school curriculum.

As he is now a house husband, he has created a blog to detail the trials and tribulations of the whole experience. He is also a keen photographer so there are loads of stunning images and plenty of updates that some of the SunnyRhyl users may find interesting.

His blog can be found at http://twoyearsintheatlantic.com/ and is well worth following.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7802

PostSubject: Re: Two years in the Atlantic   Two years in the Atlantic EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:24 am

Thanks for telling use about this blog I couldn't stop reading it once started a very good read. cheers
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4964

PostSubject: Re: Two years in the Atlantic   Two years in the Atlantic EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:37 am

What a great read!!!!!!!
So interesting,but I take it he's not a
Fisherman then!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13583

PostSubject: Re: Two years in the Atlantic   Two years in the Atlantic EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 am

study Excellent link, I'll be spending the next two years in the Atlantic - from the comfort of my armchair
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

PostSubject: Re: Two years in the Atlantic   Two years in the Atlantic EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Notbad wrote:
I'll be spending the next two years in the Atlantic - from the comfort of my armchair

Unless your anchor breaks and your engine fails Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two years in the Atlantic   Two years in the Atlantic Empty

Back to top Go down

Two years in the Atlantic
Page 1 of 1