6 posters
AuthorMessage
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Over the years I have fished a lot of locations:http://www.pic   I would say  my favourite venue is of colwyn bay   at low  water just with bass rod and my pump some rigs in my pocket and a couple of leads in my bait  bucket and my mate eddiethefly (geof) with me  where is your favorite  venue
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyThu May 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Great question!

For me it's off the beach just East of Splash at Low for the first 90 minutes of the flood.
Not really anything to do with catches from there, I just like the spot, you can see the curvature of the earth on the horizon and many times I 've watched rain clouds circulating the old sea cliff line skirting around a bone dry Sunny Rhyl.

Before I moved up the hill it was walking distance for me, now I have to get in the car anyway I am just as likely to fish other spots.

I had planned to move into a bungalow at Splash just yards from the prom- it fell through, just as well as it happens given that the road was the hardest hit in the Rhyl floods!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Absolutely without a doubt it's Talacre for me as it's a place you can take the kids and almost guarantee they'll catch something thereby keeping their interest going for more than 20 minutes lol!

If I'm on a boat then it's the Mersey in the winter Very Happy ice
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:39 pm

My favourite venue is West Bexington in Dorset without a doubt.beerfishing
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:54 am

Not been to a lot of the venues you guys post about, and I don't get out as much as I'd like, but my fave place has to be Holyhead breakwater.
Followed closely by talacre. boat
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Mine has to be the breakwater also. I know lots of people don't like it, but it was the first place I caught a sea fish from and it was also the first place my son caught a sea fish from. Just being sentimental I suppose. It can be a nice place when there's not a load of s**t all over the place.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Rhyl harbour for me hands down it was the first place I caught a sea fish  fish
and spent many hour's fishing there as a kid when on holiday on sunny vale  sunny
just love fishing their even if I don't catch that many  Very Happy  Very Happy  2nd would be kinmal bay over low  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:43 pm

stevo wrote:

And the last lol! lol! rolling laugh rolling laugh rolling laugh rolling laugh
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Logger wrote:
stevo wrote:

And the last lol! lol! rolling laugh rolling laugh rolling laugh rolling laugh

lol! it seems like it Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Isle of Man. Laxey bay on a kayak or for shore Port St Mary sea wall fishing with light tackle.
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:25 pm

URL=https://s1281.photobucket.com/user/djf9771/media/imagejpg1_zpsf1753bf4.jpg.html]favourite venue  Imagejpg1_zpsf1753bf4[/URL]

This is mine.
It's a place called Portholland, one of my local rock marks in Cornwall.
There's three or four of these spots here, all produce Bass, Wrasse and Pollock.
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Well for me anywhere where there's fish weather it be sea/coarse or game as long it as a fish or 2 and great views clean and tidy
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
My favourite venue is West Bexington in Dorset without a doubt.beerfishing

I'd an idea you might say West Bexington Very Happy
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Like kirkys dad I would've said West Bexington. Until I went to a place called Milford on sea in Hampshire last week and fished at "Hurst spit". It has a 16th century castle at one end and a small village at the other. It looks across the Solent at the needles and catching a 3 1/2lb bass made my week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 4:04 pm

I was in Hampshire last week, Portsmouth. I blanked as usual. (Report to follow.)
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:30 pm

MusselMan wrote:
I was in Hampshire last week, Portsmouth. I blanked as usual. (Report to follow.)

Where did you fish ?
I've never fished at Portsmouth but fished at Hayling island which isn't far, that's another nice place to fish.
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

The harbour mouth. The outlet of where once there was a power station. I used to fish there a lot as a kid. A fun place to fish, but I never caught much.

p.s. Hayling Island used to get a good run of spurdog from the beach around this time of the year. Slipper limpet was a good bait. I used to go out on a charter boat to Nab Tower from Hayling, 30+ years ago though.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:51 pm

MusselMan wrote:
Look forward to that Cool boat
Back to top Go down

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: years gone in a flash.   favourite venue  EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:43 am

HELLS MOUTH /porth neigwl three miles of storm beach.
CILAN HEAD mountain goat climb down and up.
and many more down the llyn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

favourite venue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: favourite venue    favourite venue  Empty

Back to top Go down

favourite venue
Page 1 of 1