5 posters
AuthorMessage
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6052

Whitby Summer Festival  Empty
PostSubject: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Well after no sleep Saturday Sundays jaunt to the Wirral & too much sun I felt shattered when my alarm went at 3am Monday morning mate picked me up & off we went to Whitby for a days boat fishing first stop singing kettle breakfast  lol!  its summer festival fortnight so if you're lucky enough to pull up the heaviest fish over the next two weeks its worth £5000.A 20lb cod has came up already so we were going to need a biggy it was a glorious day sun baking us again nice flat sea perfect we thought as we left the harbour on trot on mackerel proved very hard to find so we didn't waste time on them.Straight to a big wreck in search of a big ling or cod down went squid mackerel & shad baits it started very well for most with cod to 8lb pout ling to 10lb a wrasse of 4lb & whitings coming on each fresh drift I dropped my first 4 cod on shads so switched to squid swapping & changing throughout the day as conditions dictated.The weather then changed & it got snotty so we headed for the ground as the drifts were way too much for wrecking big baits went down & we were all hoping there might be one of the big halibut in residence but if there was it wasn't playing. Anyway no monsters but plenty of fish for everyone at the end of the day back again at the weekend on two dogs for another crack & hopefully that monster I didn't have time for many photos did snap one or two though Whitby Summer Festival  WP_20140623_011_zpsc0ce2fda Whitby Summer Festival  WP_20140623_007_zps7243671a Whitby Summer Festival  WP_20140623_006_zpsc7d04ce4 Whitby Summer Festival  WP_20140623_005_zpsf299f07d
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Good report and pictures well done on the early start I would be fit for nothing at that time in a morning. Hope you have some luck and get a crack at the big prize. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13898

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Great report Tatch top weekend by the sound of it Very Happy Rock on cheers 
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9932

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Looked a great day to be on the wet stuff mate
well done  sunny sunny 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:53 pm

great report and pics tatch you do a lot of miles looking for the big one hope you get it soon you deserve it Very Happy Very Happyfish fish fish fishing
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13661

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Dedication lads. 10/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:12 pm

great report and pics mate well done Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitby Summer Festival    Whitby Summer Festival  Empty

Back to top Go down

Whitby Summer Festival
Page 1 of 1