sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:30 pm

to be honest if you look at all the forum posts of shore anglers who catch bass there just as bad. i'll take a few insize one's myself but ive been next to blokes knocking under size ones on the head and tacking them.
you look over a week how many anglers are on pensarn and surrounding area. and work out how many there taking. id hazard a guess but I bet there taking more undersize fish than the netters.

not sticking up for the netters but it's a fact.
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5017

PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:12 pm

joe roberts wrote:
to be honest if you look at all the forum posts of shore anglers who catch bass there just as bad. i'll take a few insize one's myself but ive been next to blokes knocking under size ones on the head and tacking them.
you look over a week how many anglers are on pensarn and surrounding area. and work out how many there taking. id hazard a guess but I bet there taking more undersize fish than the netters.

not sticking up for the netters but it's a fact.

Im with Joe on this one,i had my eyes opened the year before last at Pensarn
(last year was sheeeite Evil or Very Mad ).
I fished one Sat afternoon and got talking to a guy who had been there for low water
and was now waiting for high,he said he had a good few bass off low in the morning
and then left his son on the beach with a beach shelter while he went off home
with a large bucket that had been stashed in the shelter,
he returned for high and caught plenty of schoolies (as we did and returned them)
unhooked them in the "tardis" beach shelter and they were never seen again,he knew i was
onto him as he looked over his shoulder at me as he entered the tardis each time Suspect Suspect Suspect 
We put ours back,he never.
Fighting a losing battle i think,its annoying as fook i know but its not for me to tell
this guy to put his fish back,some people just dont care Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Banshore nets you need to wake up and smell the coffee netting has gone on along the North Wales shore line as long as man can remember and will do for the forseable future .

I can remember in the 70s between Llanfairfechan and Penmaenmawr little chef there was a net every 100yrds catching plenty of salmon , seatrout ,and the ODD  Bass and Mullet. There are far more Bass about nowadays than there ever was back then .
I can also vouch that there are plenty of match men who have fished alongside or even in-between fixed gill net and caught plenty of fish .
 Shocked
Joe is right in what he says more undersize Bass are taken by anglers than in any nets
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13905

PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm

If you see something you don't think is right call DEFRA on 08459335577.
That's why they are there.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9939

PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:18 pm

As I don't live by the sea and don't see a lot that
goes on with netters etc... this is just my opinion

I agree ban all nets and return all under size fish
but we seem to have this debate every year
and it still continues.Untill everyone starts
pissing into the same bucket and reporting
unlicensed netters and returning under sized
fish then In my opinion nothing will change!

Now I for one wouldn't know who to phone
if I ever did come across anything/one
who was doing anything wrong.

cheers dave for the phone number
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13905

PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Well said everybody there's been some great points raised there and obviously heart felt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!   North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

North Wales Bass Fishing Could Be Ruined!!!!
Page 1 of 1