Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inlander
Rockling Hunter

Number of posts : 9
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 427

Better late than never Empty
PostSubject: Better late than never   Better late than never EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:21 pm

After my fist post many moons ago it was questioned what the fishing was like round the Whitby to brid holdeness coast was like, my more frequently visited area.  So hear goes a post to cover 4 trips in one,

Fist was a quick nice to try for rays off brid north pier it's deeper than the south but only open out of tourist season

Better late than never Img-2017

First target achieved, there were 4 others out that tide the biggest going 5lb but unfortunately I only managed the one on a 1/0 Wessex rig with lug and squid.

Next was Whitby pier, what a trip arrived early for an evening hight tide and cought steady form the off,

Better late than never Img-2019
Better late than never Img-2018

Dab and cole fish keeping me and the missus busy white talking to tourists, the the light faded along with the tourists an the fun began!

Better late than never Img-2022
Better late than never Img-2021
Better late than never Img-2020

Double shots of whiting on every cast on both the 2 hook flapper and even the full pennel hooked squid was pulling 2 a time coupled with a couple of bonus haddock!

Given our success we were back up the following weekend were we had a steady evening pulling out half a dozen whiting and a shore target

Better late than never Img-2023
Not a monster but a welcome addition!

After this I was chasing it's big brother but unfortunately it want to be an early morning tide resulting in half a dozen whiting and another few haddock unfortunately no pictures of these

All in all a great time to be out and about,  I hope anyone who's got this far has enjoyed my ramblings and is keeping catching!
Tight lines
And a sunrise from the pier

Better late than never Img20210
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never   Better late than never EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:58 pm

Thanks for the 4 in 1 report!

Really enjoyed reading these, they brought back my own memories of fishing that coast many, many moons ago!
Including spinning into shoals of frenzied mackerel ( bigger than you'd see now) driving their prey into the jaws of Whitby so tight against the wall really did look as if you could walk on them!

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never   Better late than never EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 8:52 am

Well done Inlander great report and pictures. fishing fish fish fish cth
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never   Better late than never EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 3:53 pm

Thanks Inlander. Appreciative of the post and some good pictures there. I was on those Whitby Piers earlier in the year. There was a lower level which was predominantly people fishing. Harder to cast but less tourist activity.
Back to top Go down
Inlander
Rockling Hunter

Number of posts : 9
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 427

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never   Better late than never EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 4:59 pm

Cheers guys I'm hoping to keep a little more up to date with reports! We've been looking at popping down to mostyn to see if there's any rays about
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6676

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never   Better late than never EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 10:30 am

good report and pics thanks for sharing the session cth nice fish and your target
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never   Better late than never Empty

Back to top Go down

Better late than never
Page 1 of 1