Blade7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2936

Out to the wind turbines. Empty
PostSubject: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 3:53 pm

We have been out on the boat a few times during the winter months with slim pickings mostly whiting, some doggys  and dabs, nothing big. Yesterday Tuesday 4th April we slipped our mooring from Rhos on Sea Harbour and went out to the wind turbines on a glorious sunny day although the wind was only F1 to F2 there was a bit of a roll on at times during the day. Drop anchor and we were straight into the whiting with every drop and then a nice surprise happen, mackerel and plenty of them good to see them this early on in the year. During the day there were seals, puffins and a dolphin on our way back in.
Another glorious day at sea living the dream.

Out to the wind turbines. Img_2027

Out to the wind turbines. Img_2028Out to the wind turbines. Img_2029
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 4:06 pm

Thanks Blade7 - summer species are on the way! They look good quality fish.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 4:11 pm

MusselMan wrote:
Thanks Blade7 - summer species are on the way! They look good quality fish.
They were good enough to eat I am not keen on eating fish myself, Paddy loves them he has a smoker and some for my neighbours they were delighted.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 4:35 pm

Great stuff!
As I headed along the A55 yesterday morning I thought it looked a smashing day to be out.

Thanks for the report

boat

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 4:07 am

Great to see the mackerel in this early. We can expect the Tope in after them soon.
The tides and weather look promising coming up to Easter.
Great pics,got me itching for a go. lol!
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 8:19 pm

Nice pictures well done on the fish thanks for sharing the experience
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 11:52 am

They look very nice I like mackerel when there fresh. Good pictures well done.
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 10:07 am

great report and pictures thanks for sharing the experience well done on the fish
Back to top Go down
Artycaughtnowt
Anchovy Hunter
Artycaughtnowt

Number of posts : 3
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 385

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 11:56 am

I tried to go fishing with Merlin Sea Angling on a 10 hour trip yesterday the 12th but was told cancelled, DISSAPOINTED.
Booked for the 16th hopefully weather better, asked skipper was is being caught around Kinmel bay area, no info forthcoming

ADMIN
MusselMan

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 12:02 pm

Artycaughtnowt wrote:
I tried to go fishing with Merlin Sea Angling on a 10 hour trip yesterday the 12th but was told cancelled, DISSAPOINTED.
Booked for the 16th hopefully weather better, asked skipper was is being caught around Kinmel bay area, no info forthcoming

Hi Arty. Welcome to the forum. Not surprised the trip was cancelled yesterday as the wind was pretty bad. Fingers crossed for you for the 16th - next to no wind on current forecast.
Back to top Go down
Artycaughtnowt
Anchovy Hunter
Artycaughtnowt

Number of posts : 3
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 385

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 1:07 pm

Hi Musselman.
Do you have any most recent catch reports for Kinmel bay area fishing, either boat or shore.
Been fishing at Gyn Square, Blackpool a couple of times, last trip was an overnighter, but NOWT being caught, couple of trips to Preton Dock but has usual only fatties being caught up to 1/2 lb,
Other guys reckon Whotehaven is good fishing, but when I went earlier in January, strong Westerly winds prevented fishing of West pier, and I couldn't find access to the other pier, PARKING around the piers is horrendous, so I ended up going to Maryport.
Fishing from the small lighthouse pier gave me a lot of small Whitting, and 6 cod around 3-4lb weight were caught by a couple of guys fishing of the very end of the pier.
So I thought I would give Rhyl a try, hopefully there are still some fish left after all the foreign trawlers have dragged the bottom out of our shore lines.
Don't want to get too political, BUT WHY is this being allowed to continue, them using tiny mesh sized nets, when our LOCAL trawler fishermen are suffering?

ADMIN
MusselMan

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 1:19 pm

Summer species are starting to show now along North Wales. Generally it is quite quiet January to March.

Seen a few reports of rays from the shore around Forth Perch (New Brighton - low tide). Little bit closer for you. I'll be giving there a bash next when my kids have cleared off back to uni.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 3:04 pm

Artycaughtnowt wrote:
Hi Musselman.
Do you have any most recent catch reports for Kinmel bay area fishing,  either boat or shore.
Been fishing at Gyn Square, Blackpool a couple of times, last trip was an overnighter, but NOWT  being caught, couple of trips to Preton Dock but has usual only fatties being caught up to 1/2 lb,
Other guys reckon Whotehaven is good fishing, but when I went earlier in January, strong Westerly winds prevented fishing of West pier, and I couldn't find access  to the other pier, PARKING around the piers is horrendous, so I ended up going to Maryport.
Fishing from the small lighthouse pier gave me a lot of small Whitting, and 6 cod around 3-4lb weight were caught by a couple of guys fishing of the very end of the pier.
So I thought I would give Rhyl a try, hopefully there are still some fish left after all the foreign trawlers have dragged the bottom out of our shore lines.
Don't  want to get too political, BUT WHY is this being allowed to continue, them using tiny mesh sized nets, when our LOCAL trawler fishermen are suffering?

Hi Arty I go out from Rhos on Sea we have been catching through Jan to March but not in numbers, mostley whitting, Dabs, Doggies and odd herring. last Tuesday we got into the mackerel so I am hopeful when we got out this Saturday there will be every chance of thornback rays, bull husses and maybe just maybe an early tope or smooth hound along with the usally smaller fish. Good Luck on Sunday the weather is looking good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out to the wind turbines.   Out to the wind turbines. Empty

Back to top Go down

Out to the wind turbines.
Page 1 of 1