Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 681

How to post photos? Empty
PostSubject: How to post photos?   How to post photos? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 8:38 pm

Hi,
How do you post photos, it's not very clear looking at the site?
Rodbuilder
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

PostSubject: Re: How to post photos?   How to post photos? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 9:05 pm

There are multiple ways. Are you trying to post direct from your phone or from a computer?

On my laptop after I click create a post or post a reply,  one of the buttons that appears in the line above says "Host an image". Click that and you get a popup window.

In the popup window select the file(s) that you want. I think there is a limit of three images per post.

Then click send all. Then insert all. You should get a line for each photo that looks something like this. I have edited this line slightly so this post shows you the format you see rather than showing the actual photo.

"url=https://servimg.com/view/19589392/129][imghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f57/19/58/93/92/20230320.jpg[/img][/url]"

Click on preview or send and your image(s) should appear in your post.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: How to post photos?   How to post photos? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:38 am

It isn't easy and is difficult to explain and even more difficult because what will work best for you does seem to depend on what device you are using and whether it is Android or iPhone.

The laptop way MusselMan has described is different to what I see when I post photos which I do from my phone which is an Android.

If you are doing a report I suggest you give it a title, then type a few words of the report

Then either be brave and carry on

or

save it and then go back into it using the edit button.

Above the white box you are typing in you will hopefully be seeing two lines of little "things" on my phone top left is a capital B ( that is the Bold typeface option)

On my phone beneath the B is a picture that looks like a Polaroid instant photo with a square computer disc on its corner

Click on the one I've just described,
a page pops up on my phone screen with something like "select file" on it

I click on those words and choose the photo I want,

After this point it's similar to MusselMan's description.

Remember to save at the end, you can always edit it if you need to.

Don't get too ambitious
on the first go!

On a phone screen you'll probably find that sometimes popups are off to the side & not fully in view
or the "save "button is covered up, so you might need to use your finger to slide stuff about

When doing a report with multiple pics I tend to draft it in a section only we moderators have access to and then move it to the sections you see when I am ready - even then I often see something I want to change and edit it.

I am wondering if we could create a drafting area for people to use and then transfer finished reports from when done.

Have a go at adding a pic to this thread here, good luck!

Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 681

PostSubject: Re: How to post photos?   How to post photos? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 11:55 am

MusselMan,
Thank's for the reply - I don't have a phone capable to take photos (basic emergency phone calls only) - I would use my desktop PC after inserting the memory card from my digital camera and downloading any photos into the 'picture gallery' on the PC, then if posting an item (say) onto ebay, I scroll through the photos and select the ones for ebay and insert them when typing the advert.

All this may be academic, as I might not catch any fish (etc) to photograph, as I don't get a lot of time, due to work and living in Manchester - thank's again guys,
Rodbuilder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to post photos?   How to post photos? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to post photos?
Page 1 of 1