sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

first post

Go down 
AuthorMessage

first post Empty
PostSubject: first post   first post EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:10 am

been waiting for the right weather and the cod to start showing on the east cost but with it being patchy haven't ventured there yet. so decided to give it a go localy.

first time out for a while mostyn last friday got there just as it went dark. target conger.
fished for a few hour's over slack and had three good run's. first two bit through the snood's (80lb) and the last i just couldnt get up. it would come ten ft then dive back down in the end my hook snapped. (6/0 sakuma). so that was that when it started to run the whiting were hammering my full squid bait's so time for home 2 hour's later.

undetered next day me and deg's headed for the island just before tea. rhosneiger was the venue and on the way we bumped into chiefy for a quick natter and then of to the beach to fish it over high and try out my new rod and reel, (t/tornado match and abu premier mag) fished the beach at distance with crab lug and all the bait's going. no bite's but on nearly every retrieve it was y/ting y/ting y/ting.
so sacked that and headed the range's expecting it to be flat when we got there it had quiet a bit of swell running so decided we'de try for a huss or strappie.
to say it was poor was about right with a coouple of dog's to deg's and me with one small strappie.

first post Sleepover001

after about 4 hour's and massive tackle losse's (never lost so much tackle in a long time 10+ trace's and weight's plus 20+ hook's) we called it a day.

so last night the kid's in her mam's and her indoor's on her work's doo i againd went local.

took the dog with me and he was a right pain digging holes in the shingle and wanting me to throw stone's every ten second's.

first post Sleepover003

so set up on the ramp at llandulas then phoned deg's to see if he was coming for a chuck. fished it 2 hour's before high with new rod and reel (of which im well impressed with).

first post Sleepover002

nowt at first thought it was down to only having salted lug. then deg's arrived and set up next to me.
after about 20 minute's the rat's started all size's big and small. took one pic just to show the differance in there size's.

first post Sleepover004

and that was it for the rest of the night to both of us.y/ting y/ting y/ting. so today i looked at long range weather forcast and if it stay's like what ive seen it's looking like a little chef special and east coast run next week.

joe.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9174

first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: first post   first post EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:26 am

Great report Joe.

Sounds like you've got a score to settle with a big fish at Mostyn.

Good luck if you make it to the East Coast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: first post   first post EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 12:51 pm

went pensarn last night it was wall to wall whiting. nearly gave up. what do's splash point fish like for codling.

joe.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9174

first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: first post   first post EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 2:10 pm

joe roberts wrote:
went pensarn last night it was wall to wall whiting. nearly gave up. what do's splash point fish like for codling.

joe.

I heard of a 3lber over low 2 weeks ago, but not much since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: first post   first post Empty

Back to top Go down

first post
Page 1 of 1