6 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

Fresh From The Storm  Empty
PostSubject: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:30 pm

This evening, after a day of rain snow wind and more rain came a spell of nice weather to the part of Cumbria that I'm in so after working through the storm which was battering the fell that the forest is growing on I took full advantage and headed to the Drigg Scar to have a go at the Codling Very Happy

Fresh From The Storm  Img-2032

With a view of the sea all day every day I had an itch that had to be scratched  Very Happy

The night air was bitterly cold helped along by a sharp off shore wind which was coming straight off the snow capped Cumbrian mountains  ice

I fished an hour and a half over low water on a beach that I barely recognised since the winter storms have ploughed it over and over leaving big gullies full of water everywhere which left me feeling a little uncomfortable as this place floods quickly once the tide turns and the thought of being cut off wasn't a pleasant one not helped by the fact that on this beach you are in total darkness with no prom lights to guide you back to the gap in the sand dunes and the safety of the carpark  Neutral

On my first cast with frozen Lug for bait I was rewarded with a nice size Whiting  fishing  and on my second cast I had a small Codling  fish  

Fresh From The Storm  Img-2033
Fresh From The Storm  Img-2035
Fresh From The Storm  Img-2034

But after that nothing so as the tide was one minute lapping at my feet then in the next it had over taken me by 30 odd foot it was time to navigate my way back across the bashed up beach to the car then on to the caravan where it was bacon buttys for supper  pig

Fresh From The Storm  Img-2036

bye
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Super report pal well done you've made me hungry seeing that bacon santa santa
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 9:00 am

Well done Dave a great report. I have just read it and am about to have breakfast my mouth is watering at the thought of bacon, but unfortunately I am only having cereals. cheerssantarendeer
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 9:14 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Well done Dave a great report. I have just read it and am about to have breakfast my mouth is watering at the thought of bacon, but unfortunately I am only having cereals. cheerssantarendeer

Check your emails, you might have some spam in there

Nice report the Bear "Grills" of Sunny Rhyl !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 9:50 am

Nice one dave
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6036

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Great report & photos cheers cheers cheers seems like you've got the hang of finding them codling theres got to be a few big uns there somewhere just waiting to be caught cth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Nice report owdddd well done cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 3:05 pm

good report mate. nice fish too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 pm

great report and pics dave beats sitting in a warm stuffy caravan in front of the tv any day Very Happy
and catching a few fish as well. Laughing what a life bye
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Notbad wrote:
Kirky's Dad wrote:

Check your emails, you might have some spam in there

Nice report the  Bear "Grills" of Sunny Rhyl !

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Well done Dave a great report mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Great report and pics again mate well done on the fishing and getting out fishing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 8:35 pm

longranger wrote:
You Survived Blackpool then beer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Logger wrote:
longranger wrote:
You Survived Blackpool then beer

Yes mate , a bit wishy washy yesterday but ok now I think
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Thought you were quiet lol!
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8052

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Well done Johnny!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanks fellas Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Great report again mate couple of nice fish there cth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh From The Storm    Fresh From The Storm  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh From The Storm
Page 1 of 1