3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel Empty
PostSubject: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Planned to take Notbad 1 out on Saturday so Friday I ran the engine in a bin- but only after a change of spark plugs persuaded it to start- but it ran well after that so I was fairly confident,

After the usual "can't sleep" night before a fishing adventure,
Saturday morning wasn't to be plain sailing, fired it up briefly at home before heading for the club and Mehmet and I were soon in the water - where the blighter refused to start;  
after spending 20 minutes working on it knee deep in water we'd no joy so I called for the tractor to bring the trailer back down.
We couldn't get it to go in the car park either despite trying all the tricks .
A loan engine was very kindly offered but frankly after the disappointment I was drained.

Back home after a lot of fiddling we got it going and running strongly again but I doubt it would be relaxing to fish wondering if she'd oblige for the return journey. Disconnected the fuel, ran the carb dry and put it away for a spell of thinking about, there's a limit to how much effort a 40 year old Johnson Seahorse merits!

Saturday afternoon we hit the beach for the flood,

My catches of the day, (both sustainably hand caught)

A puffer fish ( not had one of these before, the vivid orange is amazing )

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel F7d727f612e4447d47d11c9fd0b3a7e3_zpse38128d6

and a 2 inch sandeel

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel 7f331e9d5019e6edd1a2cafc7fbe6116_zpsa690da59

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel 714b20ff4fef12be0b4e2f5b1c7d9fdb_zps30f9b3e7

Saturday evening, prompted by a Facebook comment, I headed for Old Colwyn,
several million others had the same idea!

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel 5957b1fe237c75d0dba82af49361217d_zps11dbf81e

Arrived 90 minutes before High.
Had most of my success launching silver tinsel feathers a 100 yards to where there was a definite "track" in the water ( see photo )  counting to 8 then raising and lowering the rod a few times before retrieving,

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel D723f8da37b89c17a8b046d37212f3f7_zps6d697c8f

Occasionally there were flashing silver streaks speeding past just a rod length out so everyone stood a good chance of landing one.

In less than an hour I'd had about 15 joeys including 5 at once;
Too easy really and no point in overdoing the mackerel bashing so with the morning's frustrations exorcised I was happy to call it a day and leave them to it

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel 133bb9bff702131095eb7ff48eb81dcd_zpsed69a495
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:59 pm

nice report and pics shame the engine let you down after you looking forward to a trip out
hope you have more luck next time
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

PostSubject: Re: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Great pics Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Hard luck ,good report though cheers 
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

PostSubject: Re: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Good report and pictures, shame about the engine playing up what you won't do is give Notbad 1 a good talking to it nearly alway works with the wife and if that won't work give it a good kicking now that always works with the wife.lol! 
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

PostSubject: Re: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 am

kirky's dad wrote:
Good report and pictures, shame about the engine playing up what you won't do is give Notbad 1 a good talking to it nearly alway works with the wife and if that won't work give it a good kicking now that always works with the wife.lol! 
I saw your bruises now I know how you got them Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel   Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel Empty

Back to top Go down

Sea Horse, Puffer Fish, Sand Eel and Mackerel
Page 1 of 1