5 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

Who let the dogs out Empty
PostSubject: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Fished Penmeanmawr by the boat house from 11pm over high untill 2.30am in the pouring rain with Jack (son no.2).
The sea was flat calm and with no wind whatsoever expectations weren't high.
We began as usual with some bacon buttys before we made our first cast.

Who let the dogs out Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz002-1

We were both using pennal pulleys mine loaded up with fresh lug dug in the afternoon and Jack was using some of Jokers finest fierce rag which was in excellent fighting condition.
Within five minutes of my first cast something gave my rod tip an almighty bang then nothing for a moment or two and then WALLOP the tip went crazy nearly pulling the rod stand over.
This is it i thought Billy Bass as i grabbed the rod and struck into the as yet unseen fish, i was further convinced this must be a Bass as it fought against me all the way in and was jumping about making a series of tremendous splashes on the calm surface, at last i thought ive got one !
Imagine my surprise when it was landed and turned out to be nothing more than a humble Doggy !

Who let the dogs out Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz004

Not your usual Doggy attack i thought, they normally give a bite then stay still on the bottom and sulk leaving you wondering is something there or not never mind a good fight on the surface as you retrieve. GREAT cheers
I reloaded my rig with more fresh lug and made my second cast, almost straight away i had another very strong bite which plunged the rod tip to the ground, i couldn't believe my luck, could it be ?
It was just like an action replay of the previous catch and again turned out to be another Doggy, but what the hell, if they can fight like this who cares !

Who let the dogs out Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz003

Jacks rod meantime had stayed completely static so we changed his bait from the rag to the lug and this did the trick, within two minutes his rod tip was bouncing around like two rabbits on honeymoon.
His fish also fought hard all the way in and again it was a Doggy but a bigger one this time.

Who let the dogs out Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz005

Now it was my turn to wait as Jack stayed with the lug bait and pulled in another beauty.

Who let the dogs out Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz007

I decided to try my luck with the rag but nothing seemed to want it, maybe it was just too vicious so i went back to the lug, meanwhile Jack had decided it was time for more bacon buttys so i was left to look after both rods which typically got a bite at the same time, i shouted to Jack for help but was informed that the bacon frying had just gone critical and i would have to manage by myself Mad
with nothing else for it i took the nearest rod (Jacks) struck and retrieved, all the while my rod was going nuts with the tip being pulled right down then going back up as high as a hippy on the third day of an open air festival. i was cursing and laughing in disbelief as i was watching my rod and trying to get Jacks in as fast as possible when suddenly the line went very light and slack, it was obvious i had lost it so i replaced the rod in the stand and went to grab mine but just as i was about to pick it up.....
it stopped..... not a movement..... nothing !

With the buttys eaten Jack returned made one last cast which produced another good Doggy with plenty of fight in it then said 'im off for a kip in the car' and that was the last i saw of him until i packed up an hour later having caught just one more Dog but getting, and missing, bites galore

Who let the dogs out Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz006

If the Doggy's could put up a performance like this more often they could become as popular to catch as the Bass im sure !
Maybe one day who knows ? cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Cracking report mate at least you had some action , sounds to me when jack the lad was cooking is bacon buttes you both missed a bit of bass action .hard luck on the bass mate ,conditions looking good for me on the bass again next Saturday at pensarn, tag a long if you can make it mate and i am sure you will lose your bass virginity this time lol! lol! . Tell jack well done from me cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Clearly the smell of bacon sizzling gets the dogs hyped up ( works for me too) Smile
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7214

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Great report mate, I don`t know why people hate dogs so much, I always enjoy catching them, they`ve saved me a lot of blanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7112

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm

I have had a few enjoyable sessions with those dogsharks of Penmaenmawr!

I think they do put up a better fight there than elsewhere on North Wales coast. No idea why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 pm

trust you logger FOOD FIRST then fishing
well done on the fish mate
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8057

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Nice little sesh, well done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dogs out   Who let the dogs out Empty

Back to top Go down

Who let the dogs out
Page 1 of 1