Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

24 hour session

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:20 am

arrived at talacre at 2 am .made my way over to the sand dunes to the gronant left of talacre light house. in the still air i could here the very load croacking of the male natterjack toad as they where calling for a mate .you are very lucky people who live in north wales ,it is a amazing place. we only have the common toad in are neck of the woods .I have read about the natterjack and read how load they call when breeding ,the books are right it is very loud ,there where loads calling ,I love nature then i could here the calls of a male dog fox,being on the beach on your own that time of morning is worth the traveling and fuel costs alone. Anyway back to the fishing pumped plenty of blacks and blow, and headed towards the gullys, anyone planing on fishing here for the first time,Check it out in the day first because the gullys flood in quickly behind you and there is some very dodgy mud patches, people have got in trouble in this area before, but little common sence and awarness and you will be fine, its a cracking bass venue just not this morning . first gully on the flood nothing,secound nothing not looking to good the sea had started to get a bit more life in it. third gully got a little bit of action with a nice silver eel that weighed 1 Ib 4 0z then a nice looking flounder both returned safe to fight another day.
24 hour session 178_0153
24 hour session 178_0157
24 hour session 178_0151
that was it last gully at high no action . of to get some dinner then secound session pensarn .must be nuts ,called in to see joker and got some crab. arranged to meet graham and paul at pensarn ,with the algae bloom clearing up and a nice surf building up we expecting a bit of schoolie action. cut a long story short it was bad very bad there was a good 1o rods out not one person had a bite never mind a fish ,fresh crab and lug baits coming back the same as they where cast out ,pants
it was nice to have the craic though and catch up with graham, and to meet up with wildgoose and both share some intersting tips till next time lads, ps i am very tierd.
24 hour session 178_0161
24 hour session 178_0162
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 am

10-10 for effort mate think it will take A couple of days mate to get rid of the algae +the mud of the beaches +gullies there are natter jack toads on ainsdale dunes (southport) all so mate remember looking for them when there as A kid they are highly protected at ainsdale there are wardens patrolling the dunes dressed in army gear and fenced of areas were the toads bread Cool
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Well done Tim you've proved your metal there mate by catching anything at all in the conditions that have been around lately cheers
Nice pics
Back to top Go down

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Andy Copeland wrote

Still you managed a few fish mate,its got to improve soon over there,with that sort of effort you rewards have to come sooner rather than later ...

Thanks andy
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9159

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Great report Tim!

Great to hear your knowledge and enthusiasm for wildlife.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Fairziff wrote

Subject: Re: 24 hour session   Today at 10:14 pm
Great report Tim!

Great to hear your knowledge and enthusiasm for wildlife.

I love wildlife mike that's why I love sea fishing so much catching is just a bonus
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8052

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:47 am

Good effort Tim, deserved better results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

24 hour session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 hour session   24 hour session Empty

Back to top Go down

24 hour session
Page 1 of 1