Go down 
AuthorMessage
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6680

change of diet  Empty
PostSubject: change of diet    change of diet  EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Just wondering if any one els has noticed scratch now that the coast is covered in whiting there jumping on the hooks two at a time they are even getting tangled up in my snoods Laughing another thing Ive had over the last few sessions are that dog fish are eating the whiting that have taken my baits , affraid
The strange thing is when you look at a dog fish its mouth is underneath like that of a ray +tope its got no pronounced teeth or crushing pads as skate have so it seems a little strange that there in shore readily feeding on small whiting live ,injured ,+dead .I would of said it was opportunistic feeding and it took a dead whiting but I have had the dog fish eat a whiting a few times and when released the whiting have swam of Laughing
Back to top Go down

change of diet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: change of diet    change of diet  EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:11 pm

i once fished whiting live bait for bass only about forty yards out once and caught two doggies funny enough that was at old colwyn . Going back about ten years ago that was at low .
Back to top Go down

change of diet
Page 1 of 1