Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Diet of worms Empty
PostSubject: Diet of worms   Diet of worms EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 7:16 pm

Diet of worms 20230231

The wind forecast wasn't good for last Friday and I wasn't sure I'd be able to fish Cheshire Oaks Fishery.
When I arrived their maggot order hadn't been delivered to their ( new and larger) on site tackle shop yet but was due in the next hour so I opted for a bag of worms in the meantime.

The fish didn't mind their diet of worms with 3 small carp and a small barbel hooked for a quick start

Diet of worms 20230232

Diet of worms 20230233

The maggots arrived as promised, redder in colour than last time, I was tempted to stick with the worms but switched to double red as so far this has given me the best sport there.

I've switched to a "pellet" landing net as the larger mesh on my previous one had tangled with a couple of dorsal fins last time.

I've also invested in a Rite-Weigh  weighing scale insert for the landing net handle as I wanted to be more confident in judging freshwater fish's weights, not just out of interest but if I enter any of the midweek matches there fish under 2lb go in one net and above in a separate net with a 50lb net limit ( I should be so lucky!) So potentially 3 keepnets needed based on current winning winter match weights of 45 to 65 pounds.

Diet of worms 20230234

Fellah next to me started on the pole but struggled in the wind before copying me on the feeder, but still struggled to break the blank.

A couple of chaps several pegs along seemed to have their landing net in regular use.

Meanwhile I was steadily building my haul

Diet of worms 20230235

Diet of worms 20230236

Diet of worms 20230237

Diet of worms 20230238

Most of the fish were only about a pound or so and didn't merit a photo, especially in the absence of my photographer!
I was on a dozen fish when they seemed to stop so I mixed a fresh batch of groundbait added some bloodworm attractant and off they started again.

Surpassing my previous best here, I passed the 15 mark, then 20, then 25,
Final score was 27 including two barbel. The Riteway showed I was overestimating the bigger ones by half a pound, the five biggest were  3lb, 3.5lb,  two at 4lb and 4.5 lb so at say over 40lb in total - I might be needing those keepnets after all!

Last edited by Notbad on Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6680

Diet of worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diet of worms   Diet of worms EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:44 am

Great post and the pictures are good quality I use the fine mesh nets to stop the bait spikes getting stuck and snapping away Diet of worms Korum_10
use these for punched bread ,worm ,corn ,soft pellet
Back to top Go down

Diet of worms
Page 1 of 1