2 posters
AuthorMessage
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7221

Nightmare at Talacre Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Last night`s C.B.V.S.A.C. match was a Dee estuary rover, we knew the fishing would be difficult with so much fresh water coming down the river, but just how bad it turned out was beyond belief.
The rain was non stop throughout the match, but at least the wind had dropped off. Most of us had opted for the long walk out at Talacre, based on the assumption that `there`s always fish there`, just shows how wrong you can be Embarassed
After an hour and a half of heavy rain and just one or two dabs, it got a lot worse! A sudden squall hit the beach, buckets and brollies were blown everywhere, at least 2 brollies ( mine included ) were released to the wild, last seen heading for Hilbre Island! From then on it became purgatory sitting on the seat box to hold it down, and hunched over the bait bucket to protect it from the horizontal rain and driving sand. One or two of the lads had had enough and packed up early, but as I`d had a dab on my first cast I stuck it out trying for another.
By the end of the match we faced the walk back into the wind and rain, I`ve seen it bad there before but this must have been the worst ever. Back at the car park we found that 10 of the 20 members had something to weigh, but it was the worst result I`ve seen from there in about 25 years of matches.
The winner was Bill McLintock with 3 dabs for 0.73 kgs. The heaviest fish was a small flounder of 0.37 for Dan Davies who had a dab as well and finished second.
I managed to find the best of the single dabs to take 4th place.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 pm

christ thats what i call EXTEME FISHING
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:53 pm

joker44 wrote:
christ thats what i call EXTEME FISHING

It could have been worse, that Geordy prat could have been commentating on it,
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 pm

still look on the bright side ( for me ) i sell brollies lol
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:56 pm

The bright side for me was I didn`t have to carry a soaking wet brolly full of sand all the way back to the car lol!
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9171

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 am

That's dedication!!!!

Great report Terry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare at Talacre   Nightmare at Talacre Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare at Talacre
Page 1 of 1