sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightmare Session

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:53 pm

I endured a marathon session over the weekend at Pensarn, Llandudno and Colwyn Bay. Picked bait up 12ish and headed to Pensarn. Weather was glorious but not for the fishing, sea was like a duck pond!!
2 hours up to high and 1 hr down feeding the crabs with bait stripped those peskey rodents not a sight of lug left on the hook. packed up and went for some dinner and snacks for evening and morning session!!

Went down to Penmaenmawr for low tide not realising local match was taking place. Also was sure about the gullies and how quick they filled and from where so decide to get back in the car and head to Llandudno north shore. Now this is when the fun started!!

Got set up in the dark by this point and had missed low but not too worried. Wollop rod went crazy on first cast but I missed it. Doh but thought great some action to be expected. 2nd cast 10mins later wollop rods bouncing again this time got it well thought I had. What evder was on had manged to find a snaggy spot. I could feel the blighter pulling but there was no giving. 20mins later thought right force it out or go for the snap. Well the snap came!!! Big Doh. In the dark tie on another leader and sort new rig great.

40 mins later 3rd cast start to tighten line and put rod in rest, something isnt right!! Reel is in a right state, line everywhere. In the dark take reel apart and sort out the nest another 40 mins. That was it time to go back to the inlaws and forget high!!

Got back in the car and driving away but still had that itch to fish high and still thought I could catch. Pensarn again why not bait still ok. Got set back up for 1.30ish. 1st couple of casts nothing 3rd cast just before high and bang goes the rod and yes I'm in!! DOH line goes slack and off the pesky fish swimms laughing his $/@& off.

After that bait was coming back the same as it went in 4 came and that was it time to leave with one hell of a blank no fish gods looking down this time out. fish
Back to top Go down

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 pm

How unlucky owddddd top marks for effort though cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm

hard luck on the fish you can't say you didn't give it a go but some days its just best to stay home affraid  affraid  fish  fish  fishing  
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Feeling knackered after reading that.

Keep calm and carry on

Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8052

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:12 pm

You would have probably been better off leaving your stuff in the car and walking along the beach at Penmaenmawr, speaking to the lads in the match, looking at what they were doing and asking their advice.

You would have learned more in an hour there than months on the beach on your own!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 am

Hard luck great read though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Unlucky on the fishing mate,cant say you didnt try,always next time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nightmare Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Session   Nightmare Session Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Session
Page 1 of 1