3 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

Perfect tides and decent weather Empty
PostSubject: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 1:07 pm

I can't make it myself unfortunately,but Friday,Saturday Sunday and Monday will be perfect for fishing at Connahs quay.
High tides are around midday
Fishing one hour before high and two to three hours after would be my recommendation.
Flattie rigs with beads and flashing blades,and Black lug with Squid/mackerel strips as bait.
Of course I can't guarantee you wont blank lol!
The tide slows down one hour before slack water then there is an hour of slack water.The tide goes out slower than it comes in by quite a margin.
For those interested look up "Willy Weather"and request Connahs Quay.
If you go on 'Graphs'the five day forecast is available,and you can move your curser to different tide heights for the time of day.
If you give it a go,don't forget to let us know how it went. cheers
Take some 4oz to 6oz leads.(grippers to hold bottom)
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 3:43 pm

I was cycling nearby yesterday afternoon. There is an interesting structure a bit further upstream, by Shotton Clock Tower. Never seen anyone fishing here.

Not sure that you can drive to right by it at the moment. The clocktower is under renovation though. Once complete I understand it is for some community uses. On that basis the access road should be open.

Perfect tides and decent weather 20240115

Perfect tides and decent weather 20240113
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 12:42 am

I've fished that mark in the second pic about 4yrs ago.You can get to it by going over the blue bridge and then turning left.(Queensferry)
The road leads to a couple of factories and offices and is right next to the river.
Had a couple of Flounders,but there were fish jumping all over the place.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 12:51 am

I think I have the wrong mark lol!
But there are old structures all the way to Queensferry that are very similar.
There's a decent fishing shop near the supermarkets in Queensferry.
Black lug etc. (on the main rd)
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 10:53 pm

If you put Queensferry in the search on this forum we have 3 reports from the general area,
There used to be a video of the Dee Bore tidal event on here but can't find it ( maybe a previous blog rather the current forum?)

I was trying to find out something about the history of the timber structures really, not found much so far, but there is some interesting YouTube footage within this link to Sealand's History and about the blue bridge crossing the Dee at Queensferry

https://sealandcommunitycouncil.co.uk/about/local-history/

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 9:29 am

The docks this far up the Dee were for the steel works. Bit more history for you here.

The clocktower is a busy place at the moment with all the renovation work that is going on. I think the dock that I took the picture of is the furthest upstream dock remaining on the river before Chester. On the pictures on this link it is just visible on the third row up from bottom.

https://www.wilsonsauctions.com/news/history-of-shotton-point/
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 11:25 am

Notbad wrote:
If you put Queensferry in the search on this forum we have 3 reports from the general area,
There used to be a video of the Dee Bore tidal event on here but can't find it ( maybe a previous blog rather the current forum?)

I was trying to find out something about the history of the timber structures really, not found much so far, but there is some interesting YouTube footage within this link to Sealand's History and  about the blue bridge crossing the Dee at Queensferry

https://sealandcommunitycouncil.co.uk/about/local-history/

Nice one.I've wondered for years about the formation of the Dee estuary.
I read somewhere that the mouth and start of the estuary was used as a dumping ground for the dredgers that are used on the Mersey,which is why there are so many sandbanks.

Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 11:33 am

MusselMan wrote:
The docks this far up the Dee were for the steel works. Bit more history for you here.

The clocktower is a busy place at the moment with all the renovation work that is going on. I think the dock that I took the picture of is the furthest upstream dock remaining on the river before Chester. On the pictures on this link it is just visible on the third row up from bottom.

https://www.wilsonsauctions.com/news/history-of-shotton-point/

Some interesting info there MM,much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect tides and decent weather   Perfect tides and decent weather Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfect tides and decent weather
Page 1 of 1