2 posters
AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1309
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7128

Portishead 14-15 Jan Empty
PostSubject: Portishead 14-15 Jan   Portishead 14-15 Jan EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:22 pm

Took daughter back to University at the weekend and noticed there was a cheap hotel deal at Portishead. Having fished here a few times in recent years it looked too good an opportunity to miss.

Fished three times, once in the morning outside the marina, and twice in the evenings in the marina where there is surprisingly deep water even up towards the town end. Temperature around freezing much of the time. Squid and rag as bait, groundbaited in the marina with some old catfood.

Worst I have done here as I didn't have a single bite. Still enjoyed being out though. There is a lot of activity around the edge of the marina at all times of the day and evening with runners and dog walkers. I was also treated to the Portishead Pilot Gig club training in their boats, rowing multiple lengths of the marina in the dark.

The outer pier that I have fished on before is now deemed too dangerous to fish from and the access code has been changed. Can't see it reverting back now. There is some oddity where the pier is not owned by the local council, and Bristol council are unlikely to spend a large amount of money on it in current climate.

There is a good fishing shop here called Reel Fun. Facebook link here if you want to see the fish I should have been catching  Laughing including a large bass in December caught with curry powder (!) and other fish caught with bacon.

https://www.facebook.com/ReelFunFishing

Portishead 14-15 Jan 20240111
Portishead 14-15 Jan 20240110
Portishead 14-15 Jan 20240112
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13660

Portishead 14-15 Jan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portishead 14-15 Jan   Portishead 14-15 Jan EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 8:41 pm

Love the curry story!

I was fishing a freshwater lake on Wednesday, very cold, ice formed rapidly, trapping lines, curry would have been welcomed by anglers and carp alike!

Portishead 14-15 Jan
Page 1 of 1