Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 685

Rhosneigr Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Rhosneigr Holiday   Rhosneigr Holiday EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 5:08 pm

Hi,
Returned a week ago from Rhosneigr on a fishing trip (7 days), hoping to catch a bass. Took plenty of lures (Savage V2 sandeels and Surf Seekers), determined to catch (something) on lures from the beach. After 3 days beach fishing/casting in almost perfect conditions, nothing.
On a day out we visited Amlwch and called into Telboys who were having a 'bait' delivery while we were there - ragworm. Excellent quality and loads of worms for £9 (2 packs).
Back in Rhosneigr that evening on the flooding tide, I caught 8 bass on the ragworms (only schoolies, BUT bass), absolutely elated and returned them unharmed.
Next morning same scenario, another 8 bass on the ragworm, all returned - the last session before returning home to Manchester 4 bass and a flounder, all returned. The ragworms just about lasted for this last session.
Just goes to show that 'bait' outfishes 'lures', at least on my weeks fishing and speaking to other 'lure' anglers, they also had no success.

RODBUILDER

Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Rhosneigr Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Holiday   Rhosneigr Holiday EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Sounds like a great holiday catch.

Lures are very handy to have when on holiday and bait may not be available and love to see a fish following one in but you made a good switch of tactic there! fish

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

Rhosneigr Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Holiday   Rhosneigr Holiday EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 9:19 am

Great report and good result. The only thing I have ever caught on Lures is Mackerel. fishing fish fish fish
Back to top Go down
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 685

Rhosneigr Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Holiday   Rhosneigr Holiday EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 2:22 pm

Hi,
I too have caught Mackerel and small Pollock on lures although years ago I had a very large Bass follow a Rapala floating lure, whilst fishing from the Great Orme in flat conditions. We saw a grey shape appear behind the lure and it broke the surface (where we could see it was a Bass) looked at the lure and turned away - all this within 30 ft. Hard to say how big but we all said 10lb+.

When we got back to Manchester it was at least 15lb and probably a new Welsh record ??? (happy days!)

RODBUILDER
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7112

Rhosneigr Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Holiday   Rhosneigr Holiday EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 7:08 pm

Thanks for the report RodBuilder. That's a lot of bass even if small.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhosneigr Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Holiday   Rhosneigr Holiday Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhosneigr Holiday
Page 1 of 1