Go down 
+3
Kirky's Dad
VALVEBOUNCE
Logger
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:27 am

Took a trip to Anglesey on the hunt for Small Eyed Ray & Turbot. Weather seemed ideal as the last time I went, the surf was taller than me ! affraid

Armed with My trusty AFAW 13' and my new Sonik Gravity HT rod, and the chosen bait was sandeel, squid & mackerel.

I got there dead on low water and fished it up to just before high. It wasn't the most productive of sessions and took a couple of hours to get a bite, good old doggie never seem to let you down !

Was a glorious sunset and within 5 minutes there were people appearing from everywhere to take a snap, I thought it would be rude not to !!

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Rhosneigr

It was all quiet until my mate Kev wandered over for a chat, he had caught a doggie and a thornback. As he was chatting to me my sonik pinged straight down twice and then bent over towards the beach. Low and behold I struck into.........nothing ! Missed it ! Sad
I reeled in my mangled bait, re-baited and sent it back. Five minutes later and the rod was bouncing again. I wasn't missing this one and struck straight into a solid weight. Gave a brilliant scrap on the sonikrod, especially when it neared the beach. Was worried about it coming off in surf so walked it up the beach and was chuffed to bits to land my first Small Eyed Ray, weighing in at 8lb 1oz

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt SmallEye5

That was it for the night, no turbo's showed up so I'll save them for another day. 1 out of 2 targets ain't bad Wink
Back to top Go down

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:34 am

Great result mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:44 am

Well done cheers
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4951

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:27 am

Very nice catch mate,I think I would be smiling if I caught it. Very Happy
It goes to prove that if the time and the method is right,they are there.
I've waded up the stream that comes from the airfield,there was young flatties flying in all directions.
When you think what predates them,the sandbar there must be a good spot on the incoming.
I've always been on a family day out when I've been to Rhosneigr,so never fished it.
Another time when I thought,I wish I had brought a rod.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Well done nice report and pictures. cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Very nice result that!

Back to top Go down

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Cracking result Andy and lovely picture
Back to top Go down

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:41 pm

nice ray andy well done fish fish bye
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8057

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Nice one Andy! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9921

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Great result andy super report cheers
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6041

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Great report & photos Andy cth you're catching some nice fish lately well done on the pb cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Great sunset pic too Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr Ray Hunt   Rhosneigr Ray Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhosneigr Ray Hunt
Page 1 of 1