2 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing   Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 7:58 am

Have a look at

On The Drop Fishing

on YouTube,

https://www.youtube.com/@onthedropfishing?si=zV1UqXp_hDQjYMqZ

or just search internet for

@onthedropfishing

a whole bunch of UK fishing from a Kayak, really well made, this guy is so at home on his Kayak and very relaxing to watch, has you feeling you are out there without moving from your favourite armchair!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing   Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 11:46 am

Great vids.
So,are you gettng your kayaks out?
We were fishing about 200yds off the gt Orme in a boat,
two Kayakers came out of the cave in the Orme.
We had never noticed the cave on previous trips,but it looks massive.
That day it was Doggie alley,we must have pulled 50 doggies out between the three of us.
For new and getting on a bit kayakers,Rudyard Lake is a great venue.
Two and a half miles long,a nice little cafe'and if you fancy a nice meal and an overnight stay,The Rudyard Hotel is only about 100yds from the cafe.
There's launching fee for kayaks ,but it's minimal.
there are dining pods outside the hotel (Glass balls)
It's well worth a google.
Google Rudyard lake for the lake,and The Rudyard Hotel for the hotel.
There's a railway that goes the full length of the lake,you can get off anywhere at the stops along the way.
It's a small steam engine with covered carriages.
There's a visitors centre built on the lake near the cafe,with half a dozen computer screens that show you the lake and the wildlife.
The story has it that Rudyard Kipling was conceived on the banks of the lake,? lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing   Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 7:56 am

I think I stayed in that hotel for one Winter's night a few years ago, dark on arrival and when leaving so only it on the satnav!

Kayaks have been out on Llyn Padarn a few times, haven't ventured out to sea or fished with it yet for various reasons but it is still the plan. That electric motor looks handy!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing   Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 11:03 am

[quote="Notbad"]I think I stayed in that hotel for one Winter's night a few years ago, dark on arrival and when leaving so only it on the satnav!

Kayaks have been out on Llyn Padarn a few times, haven't ventured out to sea or fished with it yet for various reasons but it is still the plan.  That electric motor looks handy!

Shame you missed the lake,it's more or less the same as the lake at Llanberis.
Unfortunately I'm not fit enough for kayaking these days,but the idea really appeals.
The electric motors are a good bet,especially for a bit of extra distance.
I've got a 9ft inflatable,and fitted a wooden floor in it.I've added stainless steel brackets for a transom.(bought type)used a 3.5 hp outboard on it on the local canal and the macclesfield canal.I'm tempted to use a 5hp Yamaha on it.It's totally stable and you can sit on the pontoons no problem.I saw one being used at Llandulas a couple of years ago.
I've had it on the roofrack fully blown up,no problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing   Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing Empty

Back to top Go down

Must watch recommendation On The Drop Fishing
Page 1 of 1