5 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13893

Before the Rains Came Empty
PostSubject: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 8:44 am

Dropped lucky with the weather yesterday and got an hour on the hidden lake before the heavens opened.
Rain

We finished harvesting just after lunch and as I took out the last load of logs a plan started to form....

Before the Rains Came 20190720

I could see the bad weather coming in as the mountains started to disappear behind a shroud of dark misty rain and just hoped that it would keep off long enough for me to wet a line fishing
I'd kept my gear in the car (Just in case) but had no bait apart from a half eaten butty which I was saving for tea time pig

However before I could go the machines had to be fuelled up and cleaned off ready for the next job, they've never been prepped so fast lol!

Before the Rains Came Img-2047

With all that done it was fishing time party

The sky was getting blacker and the wind was picking up but luckily I was fairly well sheltered from it as it would have made casting a light line with a piece of bread squashed onto the hook a bit difficult I would think Suspect

Havnt fished with bread since I was a kid on the canal back in the 70's affraid (the late 70's that is Laughing )

Before the Rains Came 20190810

My first 3 casts were fruitless but once I'd caught the first one the rest seemed to switch on to the fact that there was a free feed going on and it was a fish a chuck cth

They were all Rudd and of the same stamp as before but I was still amazed at the power these little fish have and their ability to put a good bend in the rod fish

Before the Rains Came 20190811

Before the Rains Came 20190812

The rain had started but it was only a drizzle so I carried on for another ten minutes when it turned to an absolute downpour so that signalled the end to a great little session and memories of when I was a kid fishing the Oxford canal trying to get the bread to stay on the hook Smile

Before the Rains Came 20190813

Great bit of fun and a good way of finishing the week before starting a new site on Monday fishing

And yes I will be going back......
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Excellent series of reports, keep this contract going!
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6474

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Good one Dave, all good things come to an end. Where are you off to next? Well worth a search on Google earth wherever you go.
I will write a report on the strangest place I fished as a boy.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4969

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Nice to hear something didn't come out of the lake and drag you in lol!
I've been waiting for your update.
Hope you hung onto a spare key.
last time I saw any logging like that I was building a mansion near Crawley,just after the hurricane we had a few years ago.Because the
hurricane had blown the pine trees over,the owner had got a logging gang in,and was selling the timber off.
have a nice day Rock on
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:09 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Good one Dave, all good things come to an end. Where are you off to next? Well worth a search on Google earth wherever you go.
I will write a report on the strangest place I fished as a boy.

Porthmadog area so I'll be passing the lake on the way Wink
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 am

VB wrote:
Nice to hear something didn't come out of the lake and drag you in lol!

Hope you hung onto a spare key.

Me too affraid lol!

I have my own keys Basketball
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7856

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:28 am

I've enjoyed these reports the anticipation of you catching something bigger than you have was killing me I quite expected you to say that something very large had grabbed one of the Rudd you had caught and smashed your rod, but I can slump back in my seat now knowing all is well and you and your rod are safe.fishing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:02 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
I've enjoyed these reports the anticipation of you catching something bigger than you have was killing me I quite expected you to say that something very large had grabbed one of the Rudd you had caught and smashed your rod, but I can slump back in my seat now knowing all is well and you and your rod are safe.fishing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before the Rains Came   Before the Rains Came Empty

Back to top Go down

Before the Rains Came
Page 1 of 1