sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

it never rains it pours

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

it never rains it pours Empty
PostSubject: it never rains it pours   it never rains it pours EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:45 pm

with the winds in the south that put a stop to my bass fishing plans so decided to go to the island to fish of the rocks .you could count the number of times i fished of the rocks on one hand, so it would be a nice change. set of at 4 am got two mile down the road when the police pulled me they thought all my fishing tackle in my car was a knicked bike wouldnt mind put only got a 106 lol, meet up with logger on old colwyn prom so he could give me some bait off joker ,thanks joe top rag and crab that mate,thanks logger for your trouble and mackeral . arrived at llanbadrig at 7 30 am it was a lovely morning but for how long. first time at this venue its a cracking looking place and no litter i was well impressed.
found a nice spot and wile setting up i could here the blowing of air of a bottlenose our purpoise not sure witch , i looked up and it was only about thirty feet from the rocks , lovely to see.
it never rains it pours 178_0309
tryed feathers nothing , spinning with side winder sandeel nothing ,float fishing nothing ,mackeral heads for conger nothing, so did some bottom fishing with rag had a dozen bites and only connected with one did my head in
it never rains it pours 178_0310
then it rained like i never seen rain before buckets size drops lol, forgot my bib and braces so my jeans where soaked to the bone, the rain was runing down the rocks like a water fall,it was getting very dodge good job i got spikes on my foot ware. once it stoped i carried on then it came again time to go . on way home soaked to the bone i thought i would try a mark closer to home i must be mad lol.with no surf and lots of fresh water coming down the dee my opitions where limited, so decided on talacre for the dabs to scratch my itch . arrived at talacre and it came again , holiday makers looked well feed up , had chips gravy peas and large sasauge to lift my spirits. fueled up i started the long walk with my jeans soaking wet half way there i was in agony with them chaffing my legs and unit , iam in agony today lol. i soon set up and two hook flappers with size ones loaded with sticky black where soon resting on the bottom of the channel.
it never rains it pours 178_0312
there was loads of cockles on the beach so i filled a tub up with these . after three cast with sticky black nothing ,this is normaly the bait here, i have caught well here before on mussel and razor baits for dab , so tryed the cockles it was a perfect case of matching the hatch as my rods where nodding straght away
it never rains it pours 178_0314
had 6 crab left as well caught on this as well
it never rains it pours 178_0318
it never rains it pours 178_0319
the rain held of and it turned into a nice evening with not a bit of wind and not a sole on the beach i wonder why lol, total 20 dab and 7 little weavers till next time
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13668

PostSubject: Re: it never rains it pours   it never rains it pours EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:52 pm

You are lucky you missed the hail stones!
top marks for effort and bait tactics anyway.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13904

PostSubject: Re: it never rains it pours   it never rains it pours EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 am

Top report mate, glad you scored after braving the monsoons that we had well done.
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7231

PostSubject: Re: it never rains it pours   it never rains it pours EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 pm

We were sitting on the breakwater at Holyhead in bright sunshine, watching that thunderstorm heading down the West coast of the island, it must have only missed us by about a mile.

Last edited by squidward on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it never rains it pours   it never rains it pours Empty

Back to top Go down

it never rains it pours
Page 1 of 1