Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2950

Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead Empty
PostSubject: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 am

Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead 57710710

This may be of interest to some of you.
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7223

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 am

I`ll be having a go, after coming 3rd in the one this month lets see if lightning strikes twice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1715
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4974

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 4:33 pm

It's a possibility for me seeing I can drive the car onto the breakwater.
Do you pay on the day?
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 11:32 pm

Yes it`s a pay on the day job fishing on the inside of the breakwater so not too many snags to lose tackle.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 9:35 am

That sounds great,I think my brother may come along as well.
I've not been able to fish the breakwater since they stopped allowing cars on,so Ill be looking forward to it.
Can we go on the breakwater before 11am,or is it a queueing up at the gate job?
I'll be staying on the A55 from coming off the M56,but I will need some black lug,any suggestions where the easiest place too drop off and get some is?
Have to sort which rod and reel to bring,what's the trend on there these days,a beachcaster or a lighter spinning rod/carp rod?
Hope you don't mind all the questions lol!
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:57 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
That sounds great,I think my brother may come along as well.
I've not been able to fish the breakwater since they stopped allowing cars on,so Ill be looking forward to it.
Can we go on the breakwater before 11am,or is it a queueing up at the gate job?
I'll be staying on the A55 from coming off the M56,but I will need some black lug,any suggestions where the easiest place too drop off and get some is?
Have to sort which rod and reel to bring,what's the trend on there these days,a beachcaster or a lighter spinning rod/carp rod?
Hope you don't mind all the questions lol!

I`m not sure about what time the gates will be open, I`ve only seen the poster. You`ll need a decent set up even fishing the inside because the tide runs quite strong along there and there can be a lot of weed although the bottom is pretty clear of rocks. As for the lugworm the tides are pretty low so there may not be a lot available. You could check out the Holyhead shops to order some. Winnie`s worms and Anglesey tackle and bait are both on line, or drop off the A55 to Rhyl for Geoff`s, Harry`s, or Rigs and rods. You can google any of them for contact details. Personally I`d try and get ragworm or fish baits for there.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptyFri May 03, 2019 10:55 am

Many thanks for your advice SqW,I'll sort some bait out online.Nice Plaice by the way lol!
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:51 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Many thanks for your advice SqW,I'll sort some bait out online.Nice Plaice by the way lol!

Thanks V.B. I love catching flatties. P.s. I forgot to include Pensarn bait and tackle if anyone will have lug it will be Ian he digs it himself. It`s closer to the A55 too.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptySat May 04, 2019 10:51 am

squidward wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:

Thanks V.B. I love catching flatties. P.s. I forgot to include Pensarn bait and tackle if anyone will have lug it will be Ian he digs it himself. It`s closer to the A55 too.

That would be more convenient Sqw,I wasn't sure if Ian was still in business,he used to get on here now and then and hasn't been on for a while.
I have a job passing that chippie near the hump back bridge lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13659

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptyMon May 20, 2019 7:28 pm

VB you have a reply from me to your message to me
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead EmptyMon May 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Notbad wrote:
VB you have a reply from me  to your message to me

Sent you a reply Paul,thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead   Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead Empty

Back to top Go down

Charity Fishing Comp. Holyhead
Page 1 of 1