sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec Empty
PostSubject: Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec   Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 8:57 am

We are close to the end of December and I still hadn’t had a go at the Mersey Cod! I made the effort following my works Christmas party, rough is an understatement. I dragged myself from the couch complete with cold sweats and a huge headache. I grabbed some lug and squid and made my way down to Otterspool in search of the Mersey winter Cod. I had planned a short session as I had my youngest and his friend in tow, it was cold but the rain stayed off until the 5pm high tide.

Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec 20181210

We arrived at the Jericho lane car park to the above picture, a match from the Leyland fishing club. We walked towards the pumping station until we found a spot, set up and rods out. Using frozen black lug as the main bait tipped with squid tentacles to help keep it in place. We missed a few bites, more than likely due to the minions of pin whiting that decend upon the Mersey at this time of year. We did however manage quite a few small crabs inbetween the decent size whiting we caught… It kept the kids happy

Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec 20181211

Unfortunately they did not show for me, I saw a few similar sized whiting come out either side of me and the odd tiny codling. It was a small tide hence me deciding the fish the Otterspool stretch. Maybe next time, still good to get out.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7870

PostSubject: Re: Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec   Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Great report and pictures. santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec   Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Cracking report mate hoping to have a sess on there soon myself thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

PostSubject: Re: Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec   Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 8:44 am

Squid what?

Oh tentacles!

Sounds like a great fresh air cure for a works do hangover!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13905

PostSubject: Re: Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec   Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Well done Simon cth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec   Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec Empty

Back to top Go down

Mersey, Otterspool, 16th dec
Page 1 of 1