Whistling Sands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Fancied a change of venue this weekend
so off to Rhos to pump a few worm to go with my crab mussel and sandeel
Worm sorted off too whistling sands hour and half later arrived set 2 rods cast first out

Whistling Sands Pic_2010

affraid lol!
Cast 2nd rod out 2 mins later schooly
Then another and another setup 2nd rod again tried various baits not touched only schoolies to the fresh lugg
Got a bit tedious to be honest they were smashing the baits within a minute of being in the water although it was nice to have regular bites left about midnight  cheers andy
Back to top Go down

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Can`t win Andy,it`s either very slow or chocka with bass lol! Never had much luck there myself fishing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13899

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 am

Proper birds nest that affraid
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1715
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4977

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Luckily,last time I got a birds nest like that my mate untangled it for me,incedentally,the line was red.I'd just bought the reel (large capacity)we were fishing off a boat out of Fowey in cornwall.
I was ready to ditch the line,but my mate offered to sort it out.
And,on the end of the line there was a big Doggie(it was black)
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6480

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 3:59 am

Oh Andy, somebody has been into that reel with a knife. This below you may know, but for those who do not-

A bit hard to sort at the beach, especially at night, if you can get the spool out of the reel, it is relatively easy to untangle, hold one end of the spool firmly and lift each turn off it, do not pull the line off the other end, as you will end up with coils from deeper on the spool, put the line in a wash basket or bucket.

If the tangle is not too bad, as long as you have the end of the line, you can often sort it by pulling gently and slowly, but the safest way is to take line off the spool by turning the spool gently with a finger or thumb and let the line unroll itself with a very gentle pull.
If the line breaks and the end is buried on the spool, it is a job to be done at home.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13899

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 6:28 am

Sound advice thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whistling Sands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whistling Sands   Whistling Sands Empty

Back to top Go down

Whistling Sands
Page 1 of 1