4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5007

Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR Empty
PostSubject: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:25 am

Me and Bri picked Tommyblue up at 11and headed off for a high water session
at Pensarn hoping for a silver,picked our bait up off Tony (Jensen) Parry and
stopped off at Mrs Miggins Pie shop in Towyn........get the Steak and Kidney
theyre the future laaaaaaaa-only think is-none of its priced and if youre a local
theyre £1.25 each and if youre not theyre £1.45 each.......Brian paid £1.25 each last
time,i paid £1.45.......which might be a bad thing for Bri,ill do the same thing myself next time
i get Welsh People in my Opticians shop,£125 for English £145 for welsh Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR Sandbank_gallery2_gallery2

Lovely conditions at Pensarn with a good surf and the sun was shining,and plenty of rods
along the beach-went over later on to say hello to gazzer who was on the end by the far
sheeeit pipe,nice to meet you mate 👋 👋 👋 👋 👋 👋
Second cast produced a nice silver at 39cm for me....could have stretched it to 40cm but i saw a heated
debait somewhere wether you measure to the fork in the tail or the end of the tail :think: :think: :think:
Tommy wanted him for his tea but i put him back in anyway anticipating a good session :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR 6481b8d2-0046-4bb1-9d28-e41ab85009c8
Anyway-it wasnt to be and all that followed were small dabs and whiting,
good day out with good company and we packed in as the conditions deteriorated as Tommy had a nightmare
with his reels and shocky that hopefully weve now put right,off again tomorrow and seriously tempted
to have another go but get there for low and pump some lug,which is taking a chance as i aint
much of an expert,however theres enough worms out there and i dont want to fill my freezer
up-just get enough for a session :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Nice one Ian,i fished low this morning freshly pumped lug,broke my duck first silver of the year about 11/2 lb and lost a much bigger one in the surf Sad .
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Think were going back tomorrow Mick,worried about my pumping skill
tho Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2865
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7859

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks for the report well done on the Bass I'm sure the Bass won't mind if it's 2 halves of a Lug or a whole one so keep pumping. I fact I would think 2 halves would let off a lot more juice that a whole one.
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Good point Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: first silver   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Well done on returning the fish. live to fight another day, glad you enjoyed your pie...whatever the price, fished your spot on Tuesday, fresh lug, nil bite, that's how the mop flops. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Well done on the bass me owwdddddd
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13895

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:53 am

Well done on the Bass cheers
Great report Cool
As for the bakery I wouldn't go there again if I were you they dont deserve the business if thats the attitude !
There used to be a chippy in Conwy that had a sign in the window offering 15% discount to locals.... there not there anymore, how strange !
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9172

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Nice result. A great looking fish!
Seems like the local beaches are producing well at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:21 am

Went back yesterday and the water was full of Algae and weed,
really really bad had one flounder an hour and a half after low
then nothing right the way upto high..........never saw anything
caught anywhere along the beach..
Had some luck on my first go with the pump,got about 25 worms
maybe more in about half an hour-my backs fooked today and
i defo need to put a better washer in the pump,was getting loads of
tails........any ideas why??????
Cheers
Ian
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13895

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 am

jimmyjizzmo wrote:
i defo need to put a better washer in the pump,was getting loads of
tails........any ideas why??????
Cheers
Ian

With a new washer/seal in the pump your problems should be solved otherwise pull harder and quicker and ensure you pull the pump handle out all the way to its maximum Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Well Done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR   Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR Empty

Back to top Go down

Pensarn Beach Wed 29th May,HIGH WATER.....FIRST SILVER OF THE YEAR
Page 1 of 1