3 posters
AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

New Brighton again Empty
PostSubject: New Brighton again   New Brighton again EmptyWed May 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Fished at New Brighton again this morning over low. 6:30am to 10:30am. Lug, sandeel and hardback crab.

My main goal of the morning was to practice pumping lugworm. Not had much success before. Managed 20 this morning in around half an hour. I was pleased with myself, although must confess there were some tears when the plumpest one (aka "Mr Juicy") flew off when I cast it.

Not much to report on the fishing front. One run on the hardback crab that did not hook up, despite a circle hook. One plastic bag that was undersize  Evil or Very Mad . Bit of a crab fest here at the moment I think as baits were almost always gone in just a few minutes.

New Brighton again 20230512
Back to top Go down
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 680

New Brighton again Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brighton again   New Brighton again EmptyWed May 24, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi,
You did well to get 20 worms (were they 'black'?) - I also know as a beginner to 'pumping', it takes time and effort to 'crack the code' - exactly 'what to do' - I have not 'cracked-it' yet, BUT still trying when I get the chance to visit North Wales.
Rodbuilder
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

New Brighton again Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brighton again   New Brighton again EmptyWed May 24, 2023 5:35 pm

About half were black. One worm looked a big bait on a size 2 hook. The worm casts at this spot were about half way to the low water line. Nothing at all close to the sea.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

New Brighton again Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brighton again   New Brighton again EmptyThu May 25, 2023 8:35 am

If you were extracting whole worm faster than the crabs were munching them I reckon that's a good day!

You are one trip nearer catching the next very special fish!

New Brighton again Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brighton again   New Brighton again Empty

Back to top Go down

New Brighton again
Page 1 of 1