2 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13654

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine Empty
PostSubject: Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine    Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 7:56 am

Went over to Llandegfan, Anglesey yesterday to try Llyn Y Gors for the first time.

I opted to fish the "Pleasure Lake"

Prior research led me to take both a Bream feeder groundbait and a Carp one, I initially went for a 16 hook and double maggot.

5 greedy finger size fish on the  first 6 casts had me wondering about scaling down but I was aware that there are bigger carp in here.

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine 20230411

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine 20230412

Dropping to a size 18 hook coincided with my finding a shoal of bream on the far bank, six foot to the right and six foot in front of this tree

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine 20230413

I also fed the near margin.

Lost counter of exactly how many Bream I had but must have been about 15 worthwhile ones of about 2 to 3lb and about as many again of   half worthwhile smaller ones,
plus about 10 -15 assorted other silverfish, only the Bream groundbait produced reliably even when I loaded carp mix and dropped it into the hot spot.

Didn't seem to matter whether I used single, double , red or white or one of each maggot on the hook.
though.

All the fish were in very good condition. I tried the near margin from time to time and had silver fish
here too.

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine 20230414

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine 20230415

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine 20230416

A regular visitor set up to my right and stuck it out on boilie all day for one fish, though to be fair I might have traded all my laid back Bream for his 8 - 10lb feisty Carp!

His mate fished the far side where it is wider, casting to the middle and had one Carp, one Tench, one Bream,
one Roach and a Perch!

I think the lesson here is it is a very mixed lake, decide what you are targeting, hope the fish got the same Email and don't go too light or you'll be snapped off when Mr Carp comes calling.

https://www.llynygors.co.uk/

Last edited by Notbad on Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine    Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 11:38 am

Sounds like it will get more productive when the weather warms up.
Breeding season is starting,so it could be a totally different ball game in a couple of months.
Any rod number limits? The pegs look decent,is it weedy or silty?
Pike and Perch are first to breed,which gives them a head start when the new fry hatch out.
I'd be inclined to take a waggler rod and a carp rod,popups and maggots.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13654

PostSubject: Re: Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine    Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 12:15 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Breeding season is starting,so it could be a totally different ball game in a couple of months.
Pike and Perch are first to breed,which gives them a head start when the new fry hatch out.

There is a one rod in the water limit, chap next to started on a waggler then later switched to his method rod.
Weed wasn't an issue, I gather the Lillie's appear later, it's a bit twig laden in places and a few times the hook came back with black rotting vegetation.

Their match last Sunday ( on the match lake) was won with 41lb
but I don't know what made up the bag.
I reckon my total bag was higher than that so I'm 😊

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine    Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 4:32 am

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:

There is a one rod in the water limit, chap next to started on a waggler then later switched to his method rod.
Weed wasn't an issue, I gather the Lillie's appear later, it's a bit twig laden in places and a few times the hook came back with black rotting vegetation.

Their match last Sunday ( on the match lake) was won with 41lb
but I don't know what made up the bag.
I reckon my total bag was higher than that so I'm 😊

Show off lol!
My local canal marina has small rotting twigs lining the bottom,I'm going to try popups to get above the twigs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine    Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine Empty

Back to top Go down

Llyn Y Gors Coarse Fishery, Silver Bream Machine
Page 1 of 1