Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 690

Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery Empty
PostSubject: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 8:13 pm

Hi,
Anyone fished Graiglwyd Springs trout fishery - booked for the end of April, any hints, tips etc, appreciated,
Rodbuilder
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13654

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 7:38 am

rodbuilder wrote:
Hi,
Anyone fished Graiglwyd Springs trout fishery - booked for the end of April, any hints, tips etc, appreciated,
Rodbuilder

Looks like no one on here does know the place.
I've got the gear but little idea on the fly and all I know about this place is what I've read on their website, looks like the 22lb trout are caught deep on sinking lines - must be quite something!
I'm sure we'd like to hear how you get on, tight lines fishing

Dab Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 8:24 pm

Hi Notbad,
Thank's for your reply, if I have any success at Graiglwyd Springs, I will report back (fingers crossed) cth

Rodbuilder
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6685

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 9:05 pm

Good luck looks it holds some large fish
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 11:28 am

As you may have already discovered there is some interesting and informative stuff on YouTube about this fishery

Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery 20230336

Dab Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 12:16 pm

Hi Notbad,
Thank's for the info,
bye
Rodbuilder
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 3:06 am

Have you tried driving through Glossop over the snake pass,over the reservoir bridge and turning right for Bamford?
About half a mile from the right turn there's big building with a car park on the left,that's the fishery office.You can hire a boat for the day and get a day ticket.There's a floating fishing platform just across from the office.
About 300yds from the platform is a floating fish farm where they breed the trout.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 10:23 am

That is Ladybower, used by the Dambusters for practice and by me as the first place I tried fly fishing (1978, didn't catch, not done much fluff chucking since)

Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6685

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 10:32 am

I fished Ladybower when I was about 20 with an aged angler who tied flies it held some very large trout then and was a great dry fly water in summer as the daddy long legs and hawthorn flies and cow dung flies blew on the water from the surrounding fields also used fast sinking lines with lures this would catch you some of the large brownies and rainbows that had over wintered in the lake
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 am

Notbad wrote:
That is Ladybower, used by the Dambusters for practice and  by me as the first place I tried  fly fishing (1978, didn't catch, not done much fluff chucking since)

I was at the dambusters 50th anniversary at Ladybower.Watched a Lancaster flanked with a spitfire and a hurricane fly over the dam.
The RAF were there.I got to sit in an ejector seat.
Back to top Go down
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 8:51 pm

Hi ,
Visited and fished Graiglwydd Springs over last weekend with chilly conditions -
with East winds and after advice from the resident 'Pro' Gareth, buzzers, CDC, small dries etc; the way to go - 1st cast on a buzzer got a 'pull' - then nothing for 3 hrs despite many changes of flies, only saw 2 fish caught from other anglers. Gareth also fished for a couple of hours and 'blanked'. I fished for another 3 hours, using floating lines, sinking lines etc, and had another 'pull' but nothing landed.
All the other anglers blamed the East wind for the poor sport, saying the lake normally fishes well on the recommended flies.
We stayed in one of the on site cottages (2 nights), which was very good, if a little small, intending to go Bass fishing on the last day at Penmaenmawr (report in sea fishing section),

RODBUILDER
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 9:30 am

rodbuilder wrote:
Hi ,
Visited and fished Graiglwydd Springs over last weekend with chilly conditions -
with East winds and after advice from the resident 'Pro' Gareth, buzzers, CDC, small dries etc; the way to go - 1st cast on a buzzer got a 'pull' - then nothing for 3 hrs despite many changes of flies, only saw 2 fish caught from other anglers. Gareth also fished for a couple of hours and 'blanked'. I fished for another 3 hours, using floating lines, sinking lines etc, and had another 'pull' but nothing landed.
All the other anglers blamed the East wind for the poor sport, saying the lake normally fishes well on the recommended flies.
We stayed in one of the on site cottages (2 nights), which was very good, if a little small, intending to go Bass fishing on the last day at Penmaenmawr (report in sea fishing section),

RODBUILDER

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how it went.

PostSubject: Re: Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery   Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery Empty

Back to top Go down

Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery
Page 1 of 1