4 posters
AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! Empty
PostSubject: I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!   I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 9:31 am

On holiday last week. The tunny club is now a chip shop, so you can get in for the cost of a bag of chips these days ...

I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! 20230211
I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! 20230212
I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! 20230210

I did have the travel rod in the car, but that is where it stayed as there was no easy access and this was not a fishing holiday.

The beaches around Scarborough are busy. There was a tiny area of the harbour accessible where there were a few fishing. Much of the rest around the town has substantial sea defences. The locals use ladders to get over them. You could jump down but it would be harder to get back.

We were staying a couple of miles up the coast. Cliffs with very few access points. There were a couple of ropes down the cliffs but I did not fancy that.

Whitby looked a bit easier as you can fish off the piers to seaward side. The piers themselves were very busy but at the end there are access steps to a lower level where you could hide away a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7855

PostSubject: Re: I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!   I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 10:03 am

You picked a nice week as we are in February. A good looking chap without a pint there’s something wrong there. Rain
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

PostSubject: Re: I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!   I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 10:21 am

We did lots of walking this holiday. I still had an hour or so of clifftop walk back to the cottage so did not want to risk alcohol drunken
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!   I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 1:24 pm

Very interesting MM.There are obviously some hidden gems on the east coast.
I keep meaning to have a drive over for a look because I have never seen the North sea, apart from flying over it on my way to Berlin.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!   I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:13 pm

Quite a find!

Maybe a forum trip to Scarborough is called for boat

PostSubject: Re: I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!   I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club! Empty

Back to top Go down

I got into the Scarborough Tunny Club!
Page 1 of 1