2 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

British Divers Marine Life Rescue Empty
PostSubject: British Divers Marine Life Rescue    British Divers Marine Life Rescue EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 3:10 pm

Took a stroll on the prom yesterday and noticed several people staring down at something on the beach.

British Divers Marine Life Rescue 20230110

The tide was ebbing, more and more dog walkers were appearing and this fellah really didn't seem "right" approaching cautiously and keeping landward of him and the other side of the groyne I couldn't seen any entanglement or external injury, but the look in his eyes was a bit "I need help here mate"

I had binoculars with me but couldn't see any others around.

Not really sure where to get informed advice from it occured to me that the Sea Life Centre may be able to offer advice,  another beach user kindly called them and the 'centre in turn recommended the organisation below.

They promised to send a medic along.

I returned about 90 minutes later and fair play "hi Viz tabards" which I took to be them  were in attendance, by when the seal was no longer lifting its head.

May be a worth while number to pop in your phone contacts!

https://bdmlr.org.uk/about-bdmlr#close

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7112

British Divers Marine Life Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Divers Marine Life Rescue    British Divers Marine Life Rescue EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 8:52 pm

Good stuff ... hope the seal was ok though.

Can you keep an eye out for turtles as well ... there has been a live loggerhead wash up off North Wales recently. Looking dead but just "cold stunned".

In the unlikely event of finding one of those, not supposed to put them back in the sea.

https://worldnewsera.com/news/uk/welsh-beachgoers-amazed-as-rarest-turtle-in-the-world-washes-up/
Back to top Go down

British Divers Marine Life Rescue
Page 1 of 1