Blade7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2937

8 Species in One Day Empty
PostSubject: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Thursday 20/08/2022 Another good day on the water, motor out to the wind turbines nice and calm, over the day we caught 8 different species of fish - Herring, Mackerel, Whiting, Dabs, Doggies, Gurnard, Thornbacks and Bull Husses. Every drop on the feathers produced we had to stop as we were catching too many fish and needed a rest to cook up some sausages and bacon to keep us going. We went out at 08.00hrs and returned at 18.00hrs. Bait used was lug worm, mackerel, whiting and quid. Some good size Bull husess and Thornbacks. On Friday 21/10/2022 we stayed in close and went down to Llandudno Bay and fished the high tide out at 08.00hrs back in at 11.40hrs a steady trickle of mackerel, a few whiting and doggies. A bit bumpy on this trip getting thrown all over the place. It's a lot of fun. I like crashing through the waves on the boat.8 Species in One Day Img_2014
8 Species in One Day Img_20138 Species in One Day Img-2014
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 8:46 pm

another cracking trip out for you both, thanks for the report!

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 8:35 am

Another great day out! Thanks for the report.

Looks like you have had your moneys worth out of that frying pan. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 9:36 am

Notbad wrote:
another cracking trip out for you both, thanks for the report!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 9:38 am

MusselMan wrote:
Another great day out! Thanks for the report.

Looks like you have had your moneys worth out of that frying pan. Laughing

Twice over in dustbin lid babs it goes down really well when your at sea. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 9:51 am

That looked a cracking trip my mouths watering at the site of that fry up. The new boat going well by the sounds of it. boat cth cth
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6676

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 11:01 am

interesting report and good pictures thanks for sharing the post
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 2:10 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
That looked a cracking trip my mouths watering at the site of that fry up. The new boat going well by the sounds of it. boat cth cth
lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyMon Oct 24, 2022 1:26 am

You look a happy man Kieth.Nice to know you had 8 species.
Has you fishing tecnique improved,or is it that there are more fish about this time of the year? lol!
Great post,looking forward to some more.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyMon Oct 24, 2022 10:02 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Has you fishing tecnique improved,or is it that there are more fish about this time of the year? lol!

ha ha just the same fishing technique we a found a very good mark out by the wind turbines and I have made a note that October seems to be a very good month for fishing, the week before we were catching pollock just off the Little Orme we did not stay there long as the seals where nicking some of the fish we caught they are very good at removing a fish from the line without getting hooked themselfs and loosing end tackle getting stuck in the rocks. lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyMon Oct 24, 2022 10:03 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:

ha ha just the same fishing technique we a found a very good mark out by the wind turbines and I have made a note that October seems to be a very good month for fishing, the week before we were catching pollock just off the Little Orme we did not stay there long as the seals where nicking some of the fish we caught they are very good at removing a fish from the line without getting hooked themselfs and loosing end tackle getting stuck in the rocks.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6464

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 3:19 am

Ah, I miss catching thornies, and I miss the mackerel as well. we have a very similar mackerel, known as slimy mackerel, when stressed they release heaps of slime and it is hard to keep them alive in a bucket because of this.

Slimy or blue mackerel are Scomber australasicus while yours are Atlantic mackerel Scomber scombrus

Of interest yours are found in the Mediterranean sea while ours are in the Red sea and Persian gulf, I wonder if they meet in the Suez canal, possibly too warm for yours.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 12:13 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Ah, I miss catching thornies, and I miss the mackerel as well. we have a very similar mackerel, known as slimy mackerel, when stressed they release heaps of slime and it is hard to keep them alive in a bucket because of this.

Slimy or blue mackerel are Scomber australasicus while yours are Atlantic mackerel Scomber scombrus

Of interest yours are found in the Mediterranean sea while ours are in the Red sea and Persian gulf, I wonder if they meet in the Suez canal, possibly too warm for yours.

I trolled off the stern of a ship going down the Suez canal in 1961,if there are any fish in it,they must be immune to a multitude of diseases lol!
The difference in the fish in the Mediteranean and the Arabian gulf are vastly different.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 1:48 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:

Ah yes thornies they have a bit of weight to them when you reel them in and the mackerel are good fun on light tackle bounceing all over the place. lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 1:50 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:

I trolled off the stern of a ship going down the Suez canal in 1961,if there are any fish in it,they must be immune to a multitude of diseases lol!
The difference in the fish in the Mediteranean and the Arabian gulf are vastly different.
Does that mean you did not catch any fish whilst you were trolling in the Suez. lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 4:40 pm

Blade7 wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:

Does that mean you did not catch any fish whilst you were trolling in the Suez. lol!
Nope,no fish,but I got a nice transistor radio in Port Said tax free,and a pair of high powered binoculars tax free in Aden.
The Indian oceon was flat as glass,not even a bow wave coming off the ship.The sea was just rolling away with no ripples.The flying fish were flying out of the rolling swell made by the ship.If we had been under sail,we would have been 'becalmed'
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 10:24 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Blade7 wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:

Nope,no fish,but I got a nice transistor radio in Port Said tax free,and a pair of high powered binoculars tax free in Aden.
The Indian oceon was flat as glass,not even a bow wave coming off the ship.The sea was just rolling away with no ripples.The flying fish were flying out of the rolling swell made by the ship.If we had been under sail,we would have been 'becalmed'
Sounds Idyllic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 Species in One Day   8 Species in One Day Empty

Back to top Go down

8 Species in One Day
Page 1 of 1