Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 691

Where to park in Rhyl Empty
PostSubject: Where to park in Rhyl   Where to park in Rhyl EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi,
If I travel from Manchester to Rhyl this Winter to fish Rhyl beaches, pump bait for a session (providing tide times permit) in front of SC2 - where is it possible to safely park the car and access the beach? Recent visit proved difficult to access the beach and park nearby without a long walk. Any help appreciated,
RB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7122

PostSubject: Re: Where to park in Rhyl   Where to park in Rhyl EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 10:21 pm

It has been a while now since I last parked in Rhyl. I used to park on Sydenham Avenue, in part because the chip shop was good. That part of Rhyl as been redeveloped - I am sure other members will be able to give more up to date info (on the parking and also on the chip shop).
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

PostSubject: Re: Where to park in Rhyl   Where to park in Rhyl EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 9:25 am

The temporary fencing that cut off much of the  east prom for flood protection works has gone.

You can park ( pay and display ) along the prom, I'd favour the east prom end.
You can also park for free down either side of the old "The Alex" hospital. It is a bit of a hike to Splash Point from there though.

Watch the gullies if fishing low tide of course.

Let us know how you get on and good luck!

If you intend fishing the beach  Kimmel Bay side of the harbour parking at the harbour is free, the carpark top of the lane by Asda is I think pay and display now ( not 100% sure)

I wouldn't fish the beach near Sydenham Avenue myself but if you fancy it the carpark at the retail park is free ( not sure if there is a time limit) and your car might be safer there.

If you are set on the SC2 area I can only think of Pay and Display options around there. Free Parking in say Queen Street doesn't give you long enough.
 There are pay and display carparks right by the beach a bit further East ( near the Events Arena / RNLI station) this area gives you enough water to fish High off the beach, or Low but the gullies do fill behind you on the flood and watch out for patches of soft soft sand.

Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 691

PostSubject: Re: Where to park in Rhyl   Where to park in Rhyl EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi Guys,
Thank's for the advice regarding the parking.

We were down there last weekend and visited Pensarn, (lots of free parking), watched a local guy on the beach (high tide) near a massive 'pipe', he had a 46cms bass and said he also caught 5 doggies and a flattie. He said we could pump lug there but it was hard going at the moment. We returned as the tide went out and hardly any casts. We hung around for another hour to dead low and saw a few tiny casts. I pumped for 45 mins and only got 20 worms (small blacks and blow lug), enough for a session on Monday lunch. The weather/wind changed overnight and when we got back to Pensarn is was blowing a 'hooley', raining, with massive waves. One guy fishing near the 'pipe' said it was impossible and he packed-up, we gave it a go for half an hour, 8oz grippers were not holding, so we packed-up (no bites) and headed back to sunny Manchester - till next time,
RB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to park in Rhyl   Where to park in Rhyl Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to park in Rhyl
Page 1 of 1