sunnyrhyl.com

Playing With The Grown Ups
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Golden Sands Caravan Park

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yozzer
Mackerel Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 59
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 456
Location : St Helens

PostSubject: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Any of you boys fished this stretch ? Looking on Google maps at just driving straight down from the entrance to the prom and park at the side of the last house on the corner
https://goo.gl/maps/ZTbVgw3iRHs
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese
avatar

Number of posts : 4713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9579
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Don't know about anyone else but the link won't launch for me
Back to top Go down
Yozzer
Mackerel Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 59
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 456
Location : St Helens

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:44 pm

How`s this one.... https://binged.it/2LCCu8E
Back to top Go down
Pete E
Dab Hunter


Number of posts : 45
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 873
Location : North Wales

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Yozzer wrote:
Any of you boys fished this stretch ? Looking on Google maps at just driving straight down from the entrance to the prom and park at the side of the last house on the corner
https://goo.gl/maps/ZTbVgw3iRHs

You can access the same general area by going on past Rhyl Asda until you get to a car park that is next to the prom...

Only ever fished it once, just be careful as the incoming tide can fill gullies near the prom, leaving your stranded on a "bar" that's in fact getting smaller and smaller!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Conger Hunter


Number of posts : 712
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1562
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:10 am

Haha,last time I stayed at Golden sands,I was 10yrs old.I got stung by a jellyfish swimming off the beach.(1955)
The gullies were there then,great for swimming in as the tide went in and out.
I can see it having potential for fishing personally.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Wolf Fish Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 1980
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5872
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 am

Worked on there for 6 seasons and had lots of fun on that beach but not fishing Shocked

The road surfaces in Sandy Cove ( the estate on your map ) used to be really poor. Havent been down there for years though.

The carpark near ASDA is the nearest parking to the East and there is the footbridge over the railway to the West if you park down Gwytherin Avenue opposite Tir Prince.

Pretty much the same as all the local beaches with Bass and flatfish and lug getting better results than crab.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Conger Hunter


Number of posts : 712
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1562
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 am

headwyn wrote:
Worked on there for 6 seasons and had lots of fun on that beach but not fishing  Shocked

The road surfaces in Sandy Cove ( the estate on your map ) used to be really poor. Havent been down there for years though.

The carpark near ASDA is the nearest parking to the East and there is the footbridge over the railway to the West if you park down Gwytherin Avenue opposite Tir Prince.

Pretty much the same as all the local beaches with Bass and flatfish and lug getting better results than crab.

Haha,a bit of a trek over the footbridge when you'd had a few I bet.(especially if you had a lady with you with stiletto heels) lol!
Did they still have the 4 wheel bikes for hire when you worked there?
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Wolf Fish Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 1980
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5872
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

No 4 wheeled bikes.

The only bikes i saw didnt have wheels.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Conger Hunter


Number of posts : 712
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1562
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 pm

headwyn wrote:
No 4 wheeled bikes.

The only bikes i saw didnt have wheels.

Haha,I know the bikes you mean,(two legs)
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3530
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7680
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm

headwyn wrote:
No 4 wheeled bikes.

The only bikes i saw didnt have wheels.

lol! lol! lol! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yozzer
Mackerel Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 59
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 456
Location : St Helens

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm

With the algae the way it is,i`m gunna stay closer to home and give Formby a good bash...should be a nice surf up if the latest forecast is correct.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Conger Hunter


Number of posts : 712
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1562
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Yozzer wrote:
With the algae the way it is,i`m gunna stay closer to home and give Formby a good bash...should be a nice surf up if the latest forecast is correct.

Take your air rifle,if you have a blank,one bunny is worth two fish in the bush.
Plenty there near the red squirrel sanctuary, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golden Sands Caravan Park   

Back to top Go down
 
Golden Sands Caravan Park
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: