4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6463

Another trip to the usual spot Empty
PostSubject: Another trip to the usual spot   Another trip to the usual spot EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:46 am

It has been too rough and dangerous for fishing recently, though I did miss one "maybe" opportunity a week ago. Arrived at 2 pm, and stayed till 5-30, just able to leave without getting the torch out. Sunday afternoon, High tide at 6-30 and 10C though this did not deter the surfers who had taken all the close parking spots.
A stroppy ENE wind and light rain did not deter this committed (read stupid) angler, though the wind from that direction is not too much of a problem apart from the odd gust coming around from the beach. Only 2 others there, but they left after an hour. A bit slow at first, most of the action was me trying to keep my hands warm, but as the tide filled in, the kahawai started biting and by 4-30, plenty of bites. Ended with 10 Kahawai up to 30cm most for the cats, one small silver trevally, a fine fat red gurnard stuffed full of small paddle crabs, and a 2.5 kg dog fish which was released. I only lost one fish, I think a reasonable trevally which rubbed the hook out on the rock, they are good at that!
A good trip despite the conditions. Saw 2 NZ fur seals, one a pup not much bigger than our cat. Sorry, no photos too cold wet and busy.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Another trip to the usual spot   Another trip to the usual spot EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 5:11 pm

bet that lot warmed your hands up!
cth

Thanks for the report!

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Another trip to the usual spot   Another trip to the usual spot EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:39 pm

Thanks for another interesting report Rhod.

I missed out on fishing last week due to the weather - but it is because we had forecast 40C and the news was full of risk to life and stay indoors warnings. Temperature much back to UK norm now.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Another trip to the usual spot   Another trip to the usual spot EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 9:38 pm

Haha,so it paid off for a dedicated,dogged fisheman,nice going. cheers
I realise that NZ has it's cold spells now,I've always had in my mind that it was always nice and warm.
I had a cat when I was in OZ,it drank some petrol out of a saucer that I was using to clean some motorbike carb parts.
It ran twice around the block,then halfway up the house wall,and fell flat on it's back.(The vet said it had run out of Petrol) rolling laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another trip to the usual spot   Another trip to the usual spot Empty

Back to top Go down

Another trip to the usual spot
Page 1 of 1