AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: extreme weather   extreme weather EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 8:26 pm

link below is an example of what some freshwater groups are saying ( I was actually looking to see what the environment agency have to say)

https://www.bighitaa.co.uk/2022/07/extreme-weather-precautions/

(Some freshwater matches are cancelled)

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4951

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme weather   extreme weather EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 2:06 am

I had a look at my local canal marina,with the intention to see if it was possible to fish in the heat.There was no chance,it was like an oven.
I've lived and worked in hotter places,but it was dry heat.
What we have at the moment is clammy heat.I think the sudden heatwave is drying out the ground and causing the air to be steamy.
I heard a few weeks ago that there was a Sun spike(large explosion on the sun)I'm wondering if climate change is not real reason for this hot weather.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme weather   extreme weather EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 11:27 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I had a look at my local canal marina,with the intention to see if it was possible to fish in the heat.There was no chance,it was like an oven.
I've lived and worked in hotter places,but it was dry heat.
What we have at the moment is clammy heat.I think the sudden heatwave is drying out the ground and causing the air to be steamy.
I heard a few weeks ago that there was a Sun spike(large explosion on the sun)I'm wondering if climate change is not real reason for this hot weather.
If you believe that last paragraph you have been listening to to many Geeks on Facebook, of course it down to the humans and until we are all living in a desert we will do nothing to stop it then it will be too late. sunny
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7112

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme weather   extreme weather EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 12:44 pm

The temperature forecast where I am was saying 41 degrees a few days ago. Now it is saying 35 later today. It has been that hot here before.

Starting to think this is just a normal hot sunny day rather than extreme.

I am sat at home with the curtains and windows closed though. sunny   Also eating an ice lolly Razz
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4951

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme weather   extreme weather EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 1:18 pm

When I was a kid MM,there were 9ft snowdrifts in manchester,the summers were longer,I ran around in just shorts for months.
If we look at world weather history,there has been more severe weather than we are having at present.
I think we are subject to 'Scary weather reports'just for the point of news items.
I doubt much will be done about climate change until the government stops manipulating it as a 'cash Cow.'KD.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme weather   extreme weather EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 4:27 pm

I had a pair of solar flares in my teens, they may have caused the heatwave of 1976 but they went well with my tanktop.

Irrefutable proof of the "extreme weather" causes dates back to the 1960's when my Mum said no good would come of all those space rockets making holes in the sky.

extreme weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme weather   extreme weather Empty

Back to top Go down

extreme weather
Page 1 of 1