2 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

15ft collapsable pole Empty
PostSubject: 15ft collapsable pole   15ft collapsable pole EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 12:17 am

Anyone use one,(or smaller)
Mine has elastic in the top section,but it sounds like a lot of anglers are not using elastic at all.
Setting the line length so it brings the bait to hand when you lift the pole without collpsing it is a bit tricky with elastic,because if you have a fish on,the elastic can stretch about 3ft,which puts the hook and bait and fish 3ft longer than the pole.
Anybody got any opinions?
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: 15ft collapsable pole   15ft collapsable pole EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 8:50 pm

not had much experience using a pole myself, though I did break a section on someone else's extremely expensive pole by lifting it rather than sliding it back along the rollers.

In my limited pole experience I found the elastic takes away some of the thrill of feeling the fish but I'm not sure how hooking a bigun would go without it.

ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: 15ft collapsable pole   15ft collapsable pole EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 9:18 pm

Your question had me looking back at my coarse fishing report from 2012 called Felt like
Makins.Whoopeee!

Quite pleased with a 2.5lb Perch on the pole!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: 15ft collapsable pole   15ft collapsable pole EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:11 am

To clarify,I should have said a 'whip'
I think the 15ft whip is longer than I need.
By the time you measure the length of the whip,then almost double it with the length of line,the range is about 28ft-30ft.
The idea is to lift in the fish without collapsing the whip.
I can see the point in not using elastic.I think there is a fitting that fits on the end of the whip that replaces the elastic.
The problem with that is it puts a lot of strain on the top section if the fish is on the large size.
I was fishing at the entrance where the canal widens out into the marina,
I had the whip set up,but was using a rod.A large shoal of young carp came into the marina,so I picked the whip up and dropped it amongst them.I got an instant take,but the carp was about 2.5lbs.
It stretched the elastic out to it's full extent and I had to partly collapse the whip in order to land it.
I think once you get the knack of using a whip they are probably easy to use.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: 15ft collapsable pole   15ft collapsable pole EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:16 am

Notbad wrote:
Your question had me looking back at my coarse fishing report from 2012 called Felt like
Makins.Whoopeee!

Quite pleased with a 2.5lb Perch on the pole!

I bet playing it was tricky.

I've got some 'Creature baits'they look so lifelike I don't fancy touching them. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15ft collapsable pole   15ft collapsable pole Empty

Back to top Go down

15ft collapsable pole
Page 1 of 1