5 posters
AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7123

Squid Game  (Episode 1) Empty
PostSubject: Squid Game (Episode 1)   Squid Game  (Episode 1) EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 am

Bait - Squid and prawn
Date - 15th October 2021, daytime low
Venue - Vale Park, Wallasey
Nearest tackle/bait shop - Bonners CH45 2JF

A new TV show called Squid Game has had many mentions in the press recently. For those of you not familiar, it is on Netflix. It is a bit blood thirsty so not for everyone.

On Friday the sun was shining and not much wind blowing. Unusually warm still for October. Tide was right for an easy afternoon session over low. I had some squid in the freezer. All of the mentions of squid game on the TV had me thinking why don't I go fishing for a few hours and use up that old bait?

For those watching squid game - I passed a few red lights from the end of the motorway. I stopped. Didn't move. When the lights were green I carried on. I got to the sea in just a few minutes, before the tide ran out. Worryingly the road I parked on was called Magazine Lane.

For those not watching squid game - Free parking on Magazine Lane and surrounding streets. You may be interested to know that from around 250 years ago this part of the Wirral was used to store ammunition when ships were docking in Liverpool. Magazine Lane was the road to the Magazines. There is also a Magazine Road in Bromborough so there must have been quite some amount of explosives held this side of the Mersey over the years.

https://www.historyofwallasey.co.uk/wallasey/Magazine/index.html

So about the fishing. Not much to say again I am afraid. Five anglers and seven rods. I was the only person to catch again, one more blinkin crab. The guy next to me had a decent bite which took half of his whiting bait but other than that nothing happened. Still, the sun was out and it was an enjoyable few hours.

For those watching squid game - will I carry on with the game? After four hours I voted to leave. You will have to wait and see if there is going to be an episode 2.

Squid Game  (Episode 1) Fishin11
Squid Game  (Episode 1) Crab11
Squid Game  (Episode 1) Whitin10
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13656

PostSubject: Re: Squid Game (Episode 1)   Squid Game  (Episode 1) EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 am

Great title!

Looking at the chunk taken out of that Whiting you may have been close to a tug of war with the Great White Shark claimed to be stalking the area!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4970

PostSubject: Re: Squid Game (Episode 1)   Squid Game  (Episode 1) EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 1:02 pm

I've had some baby squid in my freezer for 3yrs,they look like cardboard.They are not freezer burned.
The bottom drawer of my freezer is jammed with fish fillets,(some of them Salmon)
I asked my family and friends for any out of date fish,so I could use it for rubby dubby when I go out on the boat.
I bought some black lug a couple of years ago that's been oiled and freezer sealed and packed.It still looks ok.
I haven't tried it yet,the idea was to fish Connahs quay using squid and black lug.Last time I fished there,I used black lug and squid for the flatties,and caught about seven.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2865
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7858

PostSubject: Re: Squid Game (Episode 1)   Squid Game  (Episode 1) EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Great and amusing report well done.
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6687

PostSubject: Re: Squid Game (Episode 1)   Squid Game  (Episode 1) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Nice pictures and report thanks for sharing the experience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squid Game (Episode 1)   Squid Game  (Episode 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Squid Game (Episode 1)
Page 1 of 1