AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

High pressure Empty
PostSubject: High pressure   High pressure EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 11:27 am

With the air pressure way up high at the moment,I doubt if inland fishing will be up to much.
Shame really,because the temperature is comfortable,and there isn't much wind.
I avoided going out fishing in the hot weather because I would have ended up like a baked spud.
I fished a canal between two close locks,and a young guy came along and told me there won't be much in there because all the fish end up in the lower part below the lock.He was right,I blanked.
The canal carries on without a lock for about four miles,but some of the spots are not accessible.I was in an engineering stores car park next to the canal,so I had a look in the canal,it's jammed with big fish.
Seems logical that the closer you get to town,the more fish will have come down through the locks.
I'm going to put on my best bib and tucker and see if I can get permission off the engineering stores to fish their side of the canal. lol!
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

High pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: High pressure   High pressure EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Sounds like a plan. If you are a customer they might allow it, although I suspect they will say they do not want to encourage other fishermen.

I will definitely be fishing more in the autumn as my youngest is going to Uni in a few weeks, and the house I have been selling for a relative should hopefully finally be sold before end of September stamp duty holiday ends.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

High pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: High pressure   High pressure EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 12:18 am

MusselMan wrote:
Sounds like a plan. If you are a customer they might allow it, although I suspect they will say they do not want to encourage other fishermen.

I will definitely be fishing more in the autumn as my youngest is going to Uni in a few weeks, and the house I have been selling for a relative should hopefully finally be sold before end of September stamp duty holiday ends.
Have you watched "The Ginger Fisherman" on utube? It's well worth a look.
I've stocked up with some of the lures and creature baits he uses.
He's a lucky lad,because the canals,rivers and streams in his area are packed with fish.(he keeps the location secret,but it's actually just south of Nottingham.)I bought a lightweight jigging rod similar to the one he uses.I have often wondered why the perch I catch aren't very big,because there must be some big parents out there.Turns out that Perch prefer baits in the predator range,4lb to 5lb is not unusual.
I've converted most of my reels over to braid (sea and coarse)
I can use 30lb braid with a mono leader,and it's perfect for Boilie rigs.
Tight lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: High pressure   High pressure Empty

Back to top Go down

High pressure
Page 1 of 1