5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Empty
PostSubject: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Monday 21 June 2021.

We had reason to pop down to Bangor anyway, so carrying on to Holyhead for an exploration of the coastal path and then trying Mr & Mrs Notbad's luck on the breakwater for the late afternoon High was on the cards.

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2095

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2096

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2097

Dropped down the wall a cut down to 3 hooks mackerel feather rig tipped with small pieces of rag from Winnies Worms.

A similar set up was put out at medium
range. Both occasionally spun out to remove line loops and in the hope of a Mackerel.
Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2098

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210624

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210618
Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210619

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210620

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2099

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210621

Nothing at distance but as the tide climbed higher the Wrasse from straight down the wall got bigger

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2102

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210623

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2103

The tide was still rising when what looked like being fish of the day showed up, so we gifted the fish the remaining bait content with the sport we'd had.

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2104

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2105

The nights are drawing in again!

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 3:04 am

Good report mate. How I miss the days of being able to drive up there. I used to fish all over the island and then pull up there for the nights car camp. Would do another 2 or 3 hour hours fishing before bed, get the deck chair out and a have couple of tinnies. Sometimes cook a fry up on the camping stove for supper Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 9:08 am

Nice one Paul great pictures. fishing fishing fish fish fish cth
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 7:14 pm

That breakwater looked deserted. Might suggest to my missus that I social distance over there for a day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2946

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 am

Notbad wrote:
Monday 21 June 2021.

We had reason to pop down to Bangor anyway, so carrying on to Holyhead for an exploration of the coastal path and then trying Mr & Mrs Notbad's luck on the breakwater for the late afternoon High was on the cards.

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2095

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2096

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2097

Dropped down the wall a cut down to 3 hooks mackerel feather rig tipped with small pieces of rag from Winnies Worms.

A similar set up was put out at medium
range. Both occasionally spun out to remove line loops and in the hope of a Mackerel.
Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2098

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210624

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210618
Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210619

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210620

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2099

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210621

Nothing at distance but as the tide climbed higher the Wrasse from straight down the wall got bigger

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2102

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead 20210623

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2103

The tide was still rising when what looked like being fish of the day showed up, so we gifted the fish the remaining bait content with the sport we'd had.

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2104

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Img-2105

The nights are drawing in again!
Looks great, I had a day out on Sunday with my son, not fishing but a good day on Angelsea, Beaumaris, Pemon Light House & Llanddona beach finishing off the day with a good Sunday Roast. lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 1:42 pm

MusselMan wrote:
That breakwater looked deserted. Might suggest to my missus that I social distance over there for a day. Laughing

It was very quiet, saw half a dozen other anglers who been much further along the breakwater and not many others walking either. The joys of being able to go on a weekday and outside school holidays!

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Notbad wrote:

The joys of being able to go on a weekday and outside school holidays!

Almost at that stage myself - just need daughter to get into big school (Uni) in September and we will be child free.  At least for nine months until son finishes his uni and might ask to move back in again.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:36 pm

MusselMan wrote:
Notbad wrote:

The joys of being able to go on a weekday and outside school holidays!

Almost at that stage myself - just need daughter to get into big school (Uni) in September and we will be child free.  At least for nine months until son finishes his uni and might ask to move back in again.

Make the most of that window!

ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Blade7 wrote

"looks great, I had a day out on Sunday with my son, not fishing but a good day on Angelsea, Beaumaris, Pemon Light House & Llanddona beach finishing off the day with a good Sunday Roast"

So many places to recce on that Island,
I enjoyed discovering the unexpected if overgrown places between the marina and start of the breakwater including a sign about the SS Castilan

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Downlo11

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 11:40 am

Some nice places on the island.I watched two old local guys fishing off the Four mile bridge at Four mile bridge.
They were catching small fish on the seaward side of the bridge,(Holyhead) then using them under a float on the Rhosneigr side of the bridge.
They pulled a couple of decent size Bass out.
The tide rushing through the pipe under the bridge is well worth a coat of looking at.
My boat only has about a foot into the water,(draft)I've been tempted to try and get up the river from the Rhosneigr end up to Four mile bridge..
Silver bay looks a nice spot,I tried driving to it,but it's quite a walk after parking up.Silver bay is on the left at the start of the entrance to the river on the Rhosneigr end.
I think the only way to fish it would be by boat.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 11:43 am

Nice going with the Wrasse Paul,they were putting a nice bend in your rod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead   Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead Empty

Back to top Go down

Out on the Wrasse in Holyhead
Page 1 of 1