3 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

Locked in lead rig Empty
PostSubject: Locked in lead rig   Locked in lead rig EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 1:38 am

Trying some locked in lead rigs next time out.
3ft of 150lb flourocarbon line,with a zip slider and a swivel at both ends with stop beads next to the swivels.
The idea is to attach the main line to the locked in lead rig,then the hook length to that.(any size of line or hook depending on the fish species you are after)The rig acts as a bolt rig,but is still a sliding ledger rig.
The rig is held down by the lead,but the length of hook line is free to flow in the tide.
Plaice and flounder rigs with beads can be used on the hooklength,but it can be used for all species that are bottom feeders.(which most are)
I get the feeling circle hooks would be successful.
Last time I fished Connahs quay I pulled a few flounders,but I was only using black lug and squid as bait,no beads or attractor spoons.
I can see this rig being a lot better.
The speed of the tide is a problem at connahs quay,but with this rig and a heavy lead,it may be a success.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2937

Locked in lead rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked in lead rig   Locked in lead rig EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Trying some locked in lead rigs next time out.
3ft of 150lb flourocarbon line,with a zip slider and a swivel at both ends with stop beads next to the swivels.
The idea is to attach the main line to the locked in lead rig,then the hook length to that.(any size of line or hook depending on the fish species you are after)The rig acts as a bolt rig,but is still a sliding ledger rig.
The rig is held down by the lead,but the length of hook line is free to flow in the tide.
Plaice and flounder rigs with beads can be used on the hooklength,but it can be used for all species that are bottom feeders.(which most are)
I get the feeling circle hooks would be successful.
Last time I fished Connahs quay I pulled a few flounders,but I was only using black lug and squid as bait,no beads or attractor spoons.
I can see this rig being a lot better.
The speed of the tide is a problem at connahs quay,but with this rig and a heavy lead,it may be a success.
Sounds like it should work, I am going to try the locked in lead with a float, I have made a couple up in the same way as John on the Fishlocker, just need to be able to get back out to sea, should be soon for us in Wales, 27th March.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

Locked in lead rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked in lead rig   Locked in lead rig EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Haha,I tried tying the traces with 150lb flouro,but my eyes and fingers wouldn't cope.
I've used crimps and a Flemish eye like John did on Fishlocker.
I'm going to set a couple of locked in float rigs up myself.
I've managed to get some large Gummy float stops.
Bet you can't wait for the 27th. cheers
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2937

Locked in lead rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked in lead rig   Locked in lead rig EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 1:30 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Haha,I tried tying the traces with 150lb flouro,but my eyes and fingers wouldn't cope.
I've used crimps and a Flemish eye like John did on Fishlocker.
I'm going to set a couple of locked in float rigs up myself.
I've managed to get some large Gummy float stops.
Bet you  can't wait for the 27th. cheers

For sure, going to the boat on Wednesday to do all the checks and make sure everthing is working. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

Locked in lead rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked in lead rig   Locked in lead rig EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 am

party
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Locked in lead rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked in lead rig   Locked in lead rig Empty

Back to top Go down

Locked in lead rig
Page 1 of 1